• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What's up with domain restore?

N

nathand

Ok. I'm getting very frustrated with Plesk 7.5.1. I've already spent countless hours trying to figure out what user account has ASP.NET permissions (it's not the ASP.NET account nor NETWORK SERVICE). OK, that's all figured out. Then, I have countless problems getting FTP to work.

NOW I need to restore a domain from a domain backup file that is in the domain repository. I've been using the domain backup feature and have a problem with a MySQL database and need to restore. The problem? It doesn't restore the databases!!!

What is going on here? Does this feature work? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Nathan

Make sure that you remove the database from the PLESK ADMIN PANEL. If the database is gone from MySQL, but is still listed under the databases section for that domain inside Plesk, the restore will skip the restore on it because it thinks that it is still there.

hope that helps.

I have a couple of site that I cant delete the database name from the Plesk Admin Panel, I cant click on the check box to remove it after deleting it from MySQL.

I shouldn’t delete it from MySQL first but I was getting some "Database errors" in the event log.

is there another way to remove them from the list in the admin panel ?

Don't forget to drop the existing database before restoring, if one exists with the name in your backupfile the restore will not run on the database.

If you check your logging, I think /tmp for restore logfiles, you will see each step of the restore and if it skips certain things.

Back