• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

When i restart Parallels Power Panel, Infrastructure Manager Mysqld server wont start

fragmasterkarl

New Pleskian
When i restart Parallels Power Panel, Infrastructure Manager Mysqld server wont start.

I am running Plesk panel 11.5.30 via Parallels Power Panel. After plesk updated to new version when i restart the container on the power panel the mysqld service wont start see errors below. Only way to get it to start is to run this : # /etc/init.d/mysqld stop

# mv /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.back
And then start mysql service

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start

Errors: cron emailed says : 2013-12-15T13:30:01+00:00 ERR (3) [panel]: Error during product key mode determination, details: Unable to connect to database: ; trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/functions.php(2808): isPpaKeyRequired()
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3(11): require_once('/usr/local/psa/...')
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/sdk.php(5): require_once('/usr/local/psa/...')
#3 {main}
PHP Warning: mysql_errno() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php, Line: 95
PHP Warning: mysql_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php, Line: 101
PHP Warning: mysql_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php, Line: 104
PHP Warning: mysql_errno() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/db.php, Line: 104
2013-12-15T13:30:01+00:00 ERR (3) [panel]: MySQL query failed: :
0: db.php:102
db_query(string 'select param, val from misc')
1: db.php:344
get_param(string 'def_locale')
2: functions.php:610
getDefaultLocale()
3: functions.php:600
get_locale()
4: Abstract.php:115
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract->_initTranslate()
5: Abstract.php:37
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract->run()
6: Abstract.php:19
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract::init()
7: Bootstrap.php:15
pm_Bootstrap::init()
8: sdk.php:14
ERROR: PleskMainDBException: MySQL query failed: (db.php:102)

/etc/cron.daily/makewhatis.cron:
cp: cannot create regular file `/var/cache/man/whatis': No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/makewhatis: line 446: /var/cache/man/whatis: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/var/cache/man/whatis': No such file or directory

Any help be great !

It's bug. Please check : https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1037650

We will get the error following when you try to restart the MySQL on your server due MySQL sock, And yes you will have to remove that MySQL sock to start the MySQL service

------------------
[root@XXX/]# /etc/init.d/mysqld start
Another MySQL daemon already running with the same unix socket.
Starting mysqld: [FAILED]
------------------

Back