• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue When I run a manual backup in Plesk and try to download it locally, I get an error, what should I do?

DragonMaster

Basic Pleskian
When I run a manual backup in Plesk and try to download it locally, I get an error, what should I do?
・File size: 83GB

Is this downloaded locally?

If Pass is /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/, is it below?

# plesk sbin pmm-ras --export-dump-as-file --dump-specification=backup_info_1908071521.xml --dump-file-specification=/var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/backup.tar

You can output the .tar file whereever you like. It does not need to be written to that path.

It generates a file on the disc of your server. You still need to download it with an FTP client.

With FTP you can download the file and even much bigger ones. Through a web server --> web browser, downloading huge files is limited for various reasons and not recommended. Instead, best practice is to use an FTP client. There are many out there, including very popular ones like Filezilla for example, that make it very easy to transfer files between clients and servers both ways. Remember that the download alone won't cut it, you'll also need a way to upload your backup for restores later. If you have another server on the Internet, use the Linux sftp to transfer files directly between servers. It'll be much master because of the high bandwidth between servers on the net.

Back