• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved When Server Restarts, Postfix SMTP Doesn't

G J Piper

Regular Pleskian
If I restart my server using Plesk Onyx Server Management "Restart Server" command, everything launches correctly on bootup and seems to be working except Postfix SMTP is never running. If I go in to the "Services management" controls, I can start it successfully in there and it works fine until the next reboot/restart of the server. Any ideas? (which log file would be helpful?)

This behavior is happening on two different servers I have, both with CentOS 6.8 and Onyx 17.0.17 r21

It is almost like I'm experiencing this problem, but I haven't upgraded to Onyx 17.5:
Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 11.56.04 AM.png
How can I manually fix this?

Maybe this page can help you to configure which services shall start on CentOS (scroll down a bit to see an example for how configure a service to run on startup): CentOS - How to manage system services

Thank you.
I ran "chkconfig --list" and could see that postfix wasn't even in the list of recognized services.
So, I ran "chkconfig postfix on" and now it is in the list and it starts up after a restart as it should. It looks like somehow it was stripped out during my upgrade from Plesk 12.5 to Plesk Onyx 17.0.17.
Hope this helps someone else too.

This is a known issue.

To be fixed in future updates.

"chkconfig postfix on" will work for you for now.

But be careful if you reconfigure mail. This setting may change back to "off"

Last edited:
Back