• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue When using "Import content" i get Invalid cross-device link error

Oto Tortorella

Basic Pleskian
I'm testing the "Import content" feature of the Plesk migrator extension, it is very useful and helps to get new customers.
I'm testing it on Wordpress hosted on another plesk istance.
I always get the following error:
Failed to restore database dump of database 'admin_wordpress_2' on the target server.
Transfer database content manually with the help of mysqldump/mysql utilities or backup/restore features of tools like phpMyAdmin. [Nascondere dettagli]
[Errno 18] Invalid cross-device link

I suppose it's related to the fact that I have the /tmp directory mounted on a separate partition, but that's a very common configuration.
What do you think? Any advice?

Thanks
Oto Tortorella
TeleType

Yes dear, I know but basic hardening require that in order to avoid execution and escalation of processes in the tmp directory.
I do believe that's a major fault in the "Import content" procedure.
What do you think IgorG?

Actually, mounting /tmp to separate partition is recommended by Plesk - Enhancing Security
I think that problem is not related to this. Of course, you can try to re-mount /tmp to root partiton for testing purposes, but I suppose that there are some kind of links exists. Also I would suggest you check if you have enabled quota support on your filesystem.

I've made some additional testing, I removed the /tmp mount and used tmp on the same partition of / and I have no quota activated
I get the same error:
"Failed to restore database dump of database 'admin_wordpress_2' on the target server.
Transfer database content manually with the help of mysqldump/mysql utilities or backup/restore features of tools like phpMyAdmin. [Nascondere dettagli]
[Errno 18] Invalid cross-device link"

I've /var on a different partition too, could it be the reason?

Check that DUMP_D variable /var/lib/psa/dumps is not symlink to somewhere. Maybe you need to specify location of this variable in psa.conf correctly.

In /etc/psa/psa.conf i've got:
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
DUMP_TMP_D /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp

No symlinks.
I tried to set DUMP_D on the same partition of / but the error remain, then I tried to set DUMP_TMP_D to /var/lib/psa/dumps with the same result.

Now I'm out of ideas, the error message says that the error is on the "target server", could it be that the problem is on the "source server"?
Source is Plesk Onyx too, the configuration is the same of the target.

Back