• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where are the databases?

R

reybie

I have a server migrated from Ensim to Plesk. I'm troubleshooting a phpBB problem but I cant seem to find where the database was stored. I checked under the Client control panel and the domain control panel but the database is not listed. Where is it??

Typically databases are under the domain they're created for in the 'services' section after you click the domain.

If your databse isnt listed, click add new database and create a new one. After that add a database user to the database you created.

Using phpmyadmin if you have the mysql dump file you can import the data into the database.

Thanks for the reply, actually the database is still intact because the forum is still functional. There are just some mods that I'm trying to "fix". When I go to the Services and then Databases, there's none listed.

There may be something wrong with your installation OR the button for databases has been removed from your plesk install.

On all of my plesk servers you get to the databases via
client ->domain -> Databases (in Services section.. same as Mail and DNS).

Strange, I will have to check with the hosting company tomorrow and see what's up with the databases not showing. Looking at the statistics entries, it does show 0 for databases.

Interesting. Thank you.

Originally posted by reybie
Looking at the statistics entries, it does show 0 for databases.

Statistics rebuilds once per day, afair. You may manually invoke /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics to force it.

An additional question is: was phpBB installed from the Plesk App Vault, manually, or from another such as CPSkins or 4PSA Integrator?

If it was installed manually, then the 'psa' database, 'data_bases' table was probably not updated. This is the table which would show you each domain's databases in the Plesk control panel. If an app is installed manually, this database table would not necessarily be updated with the database info for the domain (dom_id)

phpBB was installed manually - it was already there when the domains were migrated. It was actually working last night, but never thought about where the databases were stored until I started updating the forum to a more secure version.

If what you said was true about the table not being updated, do I just have to let the hosting people know about it?

Yeah, I figured it was a manual install. If it had been installed by the App Vault or even 4PSA's Integrator, then the mysql database would have been automatically updated with the domain ID and stuff.

If the Host was the one that installed it, then it may be better to let them update it to a newer version. Depends on how familiar you are with shell prompt commands and what not. Always do a backup before changing things on the server!

I will leave it up to the host to do the changes. I can follow instructions but Plesk is very new to me.

Also, thanks jamesyeeoc for your contribution to this forum. I've read other forum posts and followed your recommended resolutions without even asking the question! :)

Does your Plesk license have the Application Vault or not? If it does, then have them change the manual install to the App Vault install, then it might be easier to manage later.

You are very welcome. I am always happy to hear when my posts actually work :D

Install phpMyAdmin on a domain on your server and login using your Plesk admin and password credentials - then you can see/edit all databases in MySQL even those not recorded in Plesk.

(please for safety - consider using your https directory for the phpmyadmin installation - so you won't send your login in clear text)

This way you can always see and edit/update any MySQL database stored on the server.

Back