• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where are the LANGUAGE (Country) pairs?

N

niel

My customers speak catalan but they are not spanish, so I'd like to change the words 'CATALAN (Spain)' at the entry point.

I have been searching around HD and DB with no result for the moment... anybody knows where to find the LANGUAGE (Country) pairs?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I don't think its possible to change the country for the language. I think its a stupid idea to have the country beside the language. But I do have to agree there is some merit for example having United States side English because there are minor differences between English in the United States and English in Canada (eg. color and colour, or centre and center) but unless they plan to make a language pack for each variation of English it should show up on plesk as "English"

This is probably anoying to alot of people and I hope SW-Soft changes this.

If I remember correctly, it can be changed in the "locales" table in the PSA database. I think I some time ago - removed the specific country information in the text part of the locale.

(please don't hang me if I'm wrong :) )

OK, it is possible to CHANGE the country...

Hi Whistler,

I had already seen that table, and also 'misc' which defines de default locales for admin and users. But I hadn't changed any value because it wasn't the exact text I was looking for.

I changed 'ca-ES' to 'ca' and the result was: plesk wasn't able to recognize the country code. I get 'CATALAN (Country code not recognized)'.

Then I changed it to 'ca-AD' and it works: 'CATALAN (Andorra)', but when I login it didn't work and I still have no way to remove country information as you did (I think before 7.5 plesk didn't have Country id in locale directory).

Finally I got it this way:

1- Changing Language Pack file contents from ca-ES to ca-AD

2- Adding it to the system from Control Panel > Language (an error pops up)

3- Moving /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales/ca-ES/*ca-ES.php to /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales/ca-AD/*ca-AD.php
and
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/ca-ES to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/ca-AD

4- Adding it again to the system from Control Panel > Language (no error)

I hope this helps Jason Lee, but as there is no English Language Pack available, you will need to modify DB and language files manually.

So the main question now is: how to remove Country information?

I would need to do it in case my spanish or french customers who speak catalan complained about Andorra ;)

Thanks for the replies.

Re: OK, it is possible to CHANGE the country...

Originally posted by niel
Hi Whistler,

So the main question now is: how to remove Country information?

I would need to do it in case my spanish or french customers who speak catalan complain about Andorra ;)

Thanks for the replies.

If anyone knows please tell.... We would like to remove the United States (okay not literally ;) )

Hi All:

SW-Soft really should remove the "United States" from ENGLISH if there is no other (like "United Kingdom"). I think we can all live with just "English" only -- but we offend non-American English customers, and there are plenty!

Okay, another question: Is there a way to change the ORDER of how languages come up in Plesk? I like to have the 2 languages of "our" customers come up first in that list.

John

Back