• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

where are the mail alias stored?

• Thread starter Carlos Treviño
  • Start date
C

Carlos Treviño

I make an OS reload and loose my plesk functionality on the old server but I have the discs and information.

Where are the mail alias stored on the server?
I can't find them on /var/qmail/alias

I need to restore the users alias configuration and I think the data should be somewere phisically on the server but I can't find it any help is appreciated

Thanks

The aliases are stored in psa.mail_aliases. The mn_id column references the id in the mail table. The dom_id column in the mail table references the id of the domains table. With that you can build a query that suits your need. For example if you want to know all aliases of a domain name "mydomain.xx" your query could be:

Code:
SELECT a.alias AS alias
FROM psa.mail_aliases AS a
INNER JOIN psa.mail AS b ON b.id = a.mn_id
INNER JOIN psa.domains AS c ON c.id = b.dom_id
WHERE c.name LIKE 'mydomain.xx';

The aliases are stored in psa.mail_aliases. The mn_id column references the id in the mail table. The dom_id column in the mail table references the id of the domains table. With that you can build a query that suits your need. For example if you want to know all aliases of a domain name "mydomain.xx" your query could be:

Code:
SELECT a.alias AS alias
FROM psa.mail_aliases AS a
INNER JOIN psa.mail AS b ON b.id = a.mn_id
INNER JOIN psa.domains AS c ON c.id = b.dom_id
WHERE c.name LIKE 'mydomain.xx';
Thank you very much. Since my install was completely broken, instead of having to recover psa database, I also found that aliases can be found in /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/XXXXXX/backup_info_XXXXX.xml

Back