• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where do I find the Full Hostname?

R

RaGueRoe

The Guys I ordered my server from setup plesk 7.5
But I cannot log in. After I put in admin and password a page opens and it askes stupidly for the full hostname
And where do I get that from if even the server people cannot help?
How annoying....
Oh people - I can enter my Server via Remote Desktop could delete the complete Plesk and all other sh... on there
But I cannot log into Plesk Control Panel...
What a nonsense: what shall this "FEATURE" be good for...?

Btw: There is a name displayed by default... and I can find that name in the ISS - but it's not accepted.......

Actually it's not a stupid feature. It's needed for a several Plesk services to be configured.
Full host name - is a full host name of your server. For example like:
domain.com, sub.domain.org. Similar to.

Your server should be properly resolved in DNS. If it's not, you need to register it.
If it's already registered and you do not know what the FQDN for your server you can know by spelling:

nslookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

in command line.
Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an IP address of the server.

Thank you very much for your help :)
Finally after 5 days having the new server I can do something with it...

This was an abstruse name... is there a possibilty to change it? In case I need it again someday...

And I have another Question ... but will put it into a new Thread.. since it has nothing to do with this one.
Thanks again
Ralph

Back