• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Need help - all emails goes to spam

Webmore

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
I know how annoying is to post duplicate topic.
It has been 15 days im looking and searching in this form to find the solution and i have done almost everything what other people suggest in this form but still i can not solve the problem.
I'm ready to pay to any expert who can solve this problem.

Problem:
Emails from all domain in fresh VPS goes to SPAM in gmail and Microsoft.

VPS server:
Ubuntu 22.04

Deatils:
I bought fresh VPS and i transferred some domains from old VPS to new one. when domain owner (in new VPS) try to send email to gmail or to all microsft, email goes to spam.

What i have done:
1- IP address is not blacklisted.
2- SPF - DKIM - DMARC has been set for each domain name.
3- By going to show orginal on google mail it syas:
SPF: PASS
DKIM: PASS
DMARC: PASS
4- file:
/etc/postfix/main.cf
has hostname as my hostname in plesk.
5- rDNS set to hostname
6- mail-tester result is 10/10
its says something about PTR (which i don't understand how to solve it).

So please if anyone can help will be appreciate it.
in attach there screenshot, please see it.

Attachments

• screencapture-vps-i-web-nl-cp-server-mail-settings-2023-06-20-17_46_59.jpg
    screencapture-vps-i-web-nl-cp-server-mail-settings-2023-06-20-17_46_59.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 10
You set your rDNS, so it will be very interesting why mail-tester.com complains about PTR. Could you please tell us the error message they are showing in this regard?

This is what is said:
Your IP address 157.97.110.31 is associated with the domain i-web.nl.
Nevertheless your message appears to be sent from vps.i-web.nl.
You may want to change your pointer (PTR type) DNS record and the host name of your server to the same value.

Here are the tested values for this check:
  • IP: 157.97.110.31
  • HELO: vps.i-web.nl
  • rDNS: i-web.nl

Also:
You're not fully authenticated.

But the score is 10/10

For Gmail I recommend to sign-up to Postmaster Tools Sign in - Google Accounts so that you can see more on what GMail thinks about emails to one of their mailboxes. You can then send a test mail to your own GMail account and see why GMail considers it spam.

For Microsoft I advise to sign up to SNDS and check the status of your server on Sign in to your Microsoft account. I also recommend to submit a delisting request for your IP there, because frequently MS is blocking IPs, because the previous owner sent spam through it. Sometimes they are also blocking network segments so that you need an exception from that rule for your own IP address. Sign in to your account

There is a problem with plesk config, I don't work for plesk but I can help you sort this out, also to add security hardening on postfix to improve email delivery, prevent email spoofing, book an appointment

1687369385220.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back