• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where is the command line interface? Please help

T

Tiffany Jonas

I have a virtual private server with GoDaddy that uses the Parallels Plesk 9.3 panel. I am trying to increase the maximum number of entries in one person's whitelist, and I have found the command to do this, but I cannot access the command prompt/command line interface anywhere.

I have Googled this topic for two hours, contacted GoDaddy, and searched this forum but have been unable to locate the answer. All I see are things like "Log into the root and type in this command", but when I log into Plesk, there is nowhere for me to type in a command; there are just icons to click on, and none of them say anything about a command line interface. As you can probably tell from my post, I am no network administrator, so please bear with me.

Can someone please help me locate the command line interface so I can enter the necessary command? Thank you SO much.

No one knows where this is?

Is there anyone who can help me?

Thank you for responding to my plea for help!

Can you tell me how I would carry out your instructions? Here's what I see:

- I go to the online Plesk login page ("Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel 9.3")

- I don't see any options except the login fields/button and a link to the Parallels website; there is no option to engage an SSH connection

- I log in as admin (I tried logging in as "root" instead of "admin" but I don't know the password for that, and it wouldn't take my admin password)

- I see many icons, none of which are labeled "console"

Can you please explain what to do in very simple layman's terms?

Again, thank you for your help!!

No one knows how to do this? Can anyone help me?

Command line interface in PLESK

Hi Tiffany,

to locate the Command line interface in PLESK do the following.

1. goto you plesk panel and login using your login and password
2. click on domains on the left hand panel
3. click on your domain
4. under "files" locate ssh panel

5. if it is not there do the following

6. click on "domain administrator access"
7. slide down to "Management of access to server over SSH"
8. choose "Domain administrator can allow access to any type of shell"
9. save your work
10. repeat steps 3 and 4

Glorious!!! You are wonderful! I had to take an extra step but you supplied the information that I needed to get there.

For anyone else who is trying to find the command prompt in Plesk on a virtual server, follow the steps given by 64bithost.com:

Hi Tiffany,

to locate the Command line interface in PLESK do the following.

1. goto you plesk panel and login using your login and password
2. click on domains on the left hand panel
3. click on your domain
4. under "files" locate ssh panel

5. if it is not there do the following

6. click on "domain administrator access"
7. slide down to "Management of access to server over SSH"
8. choose "Domain administrator can allow access to any type of shell"
9. save your work
10. repeat steps 3 and 4

If the SSH Terminal icon is still grayed out, while you're still in that domain, click on the "Web hosting setup" icon, look down the page until you see "Shell access to server with FTP user's credentials", and if it says, "Forbidden" next to it, change it to another type of shell. (A big than kyou to "noname1984" in another Parallels thread for this part.)

Thank you, 64bithost.com!

Back