• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Where is the etc folder?

zlep

New Pleskian
Hi, this might be a pretty stupid question but where is the /etc folder in PLESK? I always thought it is directly below the root but there's no /etc folder.

I tried to connect via SSH but all I get is "
ssh: connect to host xx.xxx.xx.xx port 22: Connection refused"

I already set it to /bin/sh but still not working.

Thank you very much in advance.

I know it's a stupid question but can't nobody help?

EDIT: There's no SSH Terminal in Plesk 12.5 anymore, right?

Last edited:
SSH access is essential. Make sure you get that back first. There is no SSH terminal inside Plesk. If you cannot connect to port 22 on your machine, first make sure that port 22 is open in your PC/antivirus/router firewall. If it is open there and you still cannot connect, make sure that no other firewall is blocking port 22, e.g. the Plesk firewall or a firewall that you hosting provider operates. If all these are allowing port 22 access, you could be in trouble, because in that case access to SSH was limited to specific subnets or IP addresses in a configuration file on the machine. If your IP does not belong to that insider circle, you won't be able to use SSH. In that case, speak with your hosting provider for solutions on getting back into your own server.

Hello,

Yes, you need to check with your hosting provider if there is any custom port set for ssh. Also, your base machine IP is not blocked in the iptable(Firewall) rules .

Thank you,

Back