• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question WHMCS and Plesk

NicolasP.

Regular Pleskian
Hello everyone.

I am using WHMCS and Plesk Onxy on the same server.

I have already enabled graceful restart based on this article How to enable graceful restart for Apache? and Apache restart interval (seconds) to 240.

But when I am trying to create a domain through WHMCS, I am getting "Timeout/502 Bad Gateway error".

All my websites run on nginx.

Server Details:
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
Plesk Onyx v17.5.3

Thank you

And WHMCS in Plesk log gives this error
9513#0: *48601 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream

Did you add both, the public IPv4 address of your server and the localhost 127.0.0.1 address, to the white list of Fail2Ban?

Yes I did already.
I just changed nginx to apache in whmcs domain and it worked.
So, does nginx support graceful restart?

Could you please clarify what you mean by "changed nginx to apache"?

Nginx supports graceful restarts. A graceful restart is the same like a "reload". It simply reloads the configuration, but leaves the web server instances that are running, intact. An nginx restart if graceful or not can hardly be noticed. The 502 issue with the non-graceful restarts results from the fact, that in case of a real restart of Apache, the Apache web server instance that Nginx is waiting on, becomes unavailable, hence no answer is sent to Nginx.

I changed "FPM Application served by nginx" to "FPM Application served by apache" on domain hosting settings.

In that case it is most likely an issue with the .htaccess rewrite configuration. When .php files shall be processed by Nginx, Nginx will ignore .htaccess (because it does not know that format). Instead, you must then translate your .htaccess Apache rules into Nginx syntax.

I'd consider this case "solved", because this is merely a configuration issue of the website, not a Plesk or web server issue.

Back