• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WHMCS Plesk Plugin

TobiasP

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I found a problem in the WHMCS Plesk Plugin on github.

I noticed that even though I had set "shared ipv4, shared ipv6" the hosting never got assigned an ipv6 address.
after looking through the code I noticed that before the "IP Mode" setting is honoured, the username that is used to connect to the plesk panel is compared to "admin".

And of course I had not entered my regular admin credentials into WHMCS but created an additional admin user for WHMCS. So there was the problem. Why the check for the username admin is important is beyond me because any additional admin user has the same priviliges as the original "admin".

So please remove this check and tell the whmcs guys to pull the updated plugin.

Here is the piece of code I mean:
whmcs-plugin/V1000.php at master · plesk/whmcs-plugin · GitHub

isAdmin() function
whmcs-plugin/Api.php at master · plesk/whmcs-plugin · GitHub

I already created a pull request:
Fixed: IP-Assigning when user is not "admin" by tofuSCHNITZEL · Pull Request #28 · plesk/whmcs-plugin · GitHub

Cheers,
Tobias

unfortunately with these changes following error is produced when terminating a hosting:
Error code: 1017. Error message: IPv6 addresses are not support in protocols below 1.6.3.2
in particular it comes from the "webspaces_get_by_owner_id" api call
it only happens when the customer has another subscription.

I don't know how to fix that.

Back