• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Who are you selling to?.....

Q

Qmix

.....because it appears not the be multi domain users like myself -

Since upgrade -

No granular control
No place to see mailbox sizes
Many more "features" not in older versions.

Trying to figure out who you are selling to - because a user like me with about 30 domains must not be it because the upgrades to the latest versions removed all of the needed administration features that I need and use daily to maintain my websites and company users. I am seriously considering moving my domains away from Plesk since this "upgrade" -

I host with Iquest Hosting / Lightbound - and am seriously disapointed since they upgraded the platform.

I was around and helped with the first development levels of this platform, bummer you have seem to have lost touch with the needs of the people using the platform to be productive and dumbed it down like has been done....

I miss the granular control of the old control panel where I did not need to email my hosting company for simple task like checking email box sizes, etc.

Even hosting companies are complaining because you are costing them more in labor by putting the oweness back on the host and not the end user (the hosting company's customer).... I have talked to several who would switch to another platform if it was not so labor intensive to do so since the upgrade....

My 2 cents, hopefully someone in your company will really listen and take to heart what is needed and change the direction of failure you seem to be heading in.....you want to know what is needed, please start by asking REAL customers like myself who admin multiple domains and users but are NOT a hosting company....

Tom

Hi, Qmix

Thanks for your feedback.
It will be great if you find a time and write all actions that have become inconvenient for you after upgrade. I'll put them all as the feature requests for the future releases. Also could you please say what Panel do you use - Server Administrator Panel, Reseller Panel, Customer Hosting Panel to manage your domains and company users?

For now I see that you need a place, where you can see size of particular mailbox and (possibly) amount of used space there.

Back