• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Why do a lot of people recommend going for a host with cPanel or Plesk?

godmaster

New Pleskian
Having worked in the industry for over 10 years, I've seen a lot of people recommend the standard control panels like cPanel and Plesk. I also heard (a lot of) people choose a certain webhosting company because of the control panel they are using (they explicitly want cPanel or Plesk).

My question is, what is so good about these panels that they are blindly choosing a webhosting company because of the control panel they are using?

The companies pushing such panels often have other control panels you will have to login to check your bills for example.

Is it just because people are accustomed to a certain panel? What makes it better then, for example, a custom panel with integrated billing?

Thanks, Laverne.

It's a matter of not re-inventing the wheel. I've never taken the time to learn how to configure a website manually, so I have to rely on a GUI interface to accomplish that task. cPanel and Plesk are both familiar to me, so I go with one or the other. However, judging by the forum, not much action with Plesk, so I'm probably going to go with cPanel.

Why do a lot of people recommend going for a host with cPanel or Plesk?
Because they are the hosting industry standard.
For example, you may be offered some exotic version of Linux (which may be even better in some cases), but you will still choose Debian or CentOS because of they are an industry standard.

Its easy to manage sites with this control panel not everyone or our client can work without these things.. its good for 1 site but when you have multiple sites then there is problem.

"its good for 1 site but when you have multiple sites then there is problem."

Dont know where you are coming from with that, but we have many servers running plesk with between 50 - 100 sites on each server, with very few issues.

d/

"its good for 1 site but when you have multiple sites then there is problem."

Dont know where you are coming from with that, but we have many servers running plesk with between 50 - 100 sites on each server, with very few issues.

d/

i am not talking about PLESK but manually. install ubuntu then php,msql, etc

Back