• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Why do I need an acme-challenge DNS record on one domain but not another

brownbag

Basic Pleskian
I've installed certificates on a domain I'm hosting on plesk and every so often I have to renew my certificate. I get prompted each time to update my DNS record _acme-challenge.mydomain which I do.
I've just added a second domain and created Lets Encrypt certificates for that one too. But for some reason, I have not been asked to add an _acme-challenge DNS record.

Can anyone point me to a reason for this?

The _acme-challenge.mydomain DNS record is only used when you also enable the wildcard SSL/TLS certificate for a domain. If you don't secure your domain with wildcard certificate another validation methode is used for Lets Encrypt that doesn't rely on DNS records.

The _acme-challenge.mydomain DNS record is only used when you also enable the wildcard SSL/TLS certificate for a domain. If you don't secure your domain with wildcard certificate another validation methode is used for Lets Encrypt that doesn't rely on DNS records.
Thanks.

Back