• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why does Mail enable corrupt the mail boxes ?

I

iis-newb

This is an "after the fact" type question. Found my problem on the server and fixed it.. for the hundreth time it seems.

Q: Why do the mail boxes ( [SMTP:[email protected]] ) and domains constantly either corrupt or flat out disappear? I know their exists a magic "fix all" script, but i'd like to know why it happens in the first place. Anyone have an idea ? Plesk ever said anything ?

I really don't know too

but I want to know the answer too hheehe ;)

In most cases this happens if ME configs somehow accessed simultaneously by various processes. It's really hard to avoid this because ME have text based config files.
So tip sound like 'make single configuration at the time' but this impossible if two users creating mail boxes at the same time.
And hint looks like 'backup ME configs somewhere, delete all .tab files from ME\config folder and use mchk.exe utility to rebuild ME config files'.

Is there any harm in setting up the mchk.exe to run as a scheduled task as we have had too many incidences and no real way to know that the problem is happening proactively as the POP service and SMTP service respond properly.

Back