• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Why does my cloud instance with 30Go RAM fulfill its cache memory in less than 6 hours?

Teal_cfr

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

As you can see on that stats.
One of my servers hit its maximum memory capacity in less than 6 hours.

So I have to clean memory if I don't want to see all my websites getting slow like the hell.

Bash:
$ sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
$ swapoff -a
$ swapon -a

Any solution to resolve this permanently?

Attachments

• problem_memory usage srv.jpg
    problem_memory usage srv.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 7
The permanent solution is: Don't touch it, this is how Linux works. Caches are used so that applications don't have to read from filesystem, which is always slower than reading from memory. Have a look at: Help! Linux ate my RAM!

If you want to know how much memory the server really has, look at the "available" column when you run a free -m

- Use htop and click on the CPU% column to find out what process uses the most CPU time.
- Check the .htaccess files which sometime have thousands of lines in it that needs to be checked every time a page is requested by the browser.
- Monitor the logfiles for a while using these aliases:
alias tailall='tail -f /var/www/vhosts/*/logs/error_log /var/www/vhosts/*/logs/access_log' alias tailallaccess='tail -f /var/www/vhosts/*/logs/access_log' alias tailallerror='tail -f /var/www/vhosts/*/logs/error_log' alias tailallnginx='tail -f /var/www/vhosts/*/logs/proxy_error_log /var/www/vhosts/*/logs/proxy_access_log'

Back