1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Why no Plesk buttons for mysql service?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Alcedema, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Alcedema

Alcedema Guest

Exactly as it says up there. I can't seem to find mysql in the service list (to restart/stop/start it) and theres no mysql configuration in the "services" section of the server page.

Just wondering if there is one somewhere or a reason for it to be missing.

2. serve-you.net

serve-you.net Guest

Probably because Plesk itself relies on mysql, so if it is stopeed, you wont be able to see the control panel at all.

3. Alcedema

Alcedema Guest

Good point, but there can be sometimes where you need to restart/rehash mysql. Also a global mysql configuration would be nice, like client/mysql interaction.

4. serve-you.net

serve-you.net Guest

/etc/init.d/mysqld restart

Also, way back in the day, when I still worked at Plesk, I requested an admin version of phpMyAdmin to be setup in the SERVER section. This was during PSA6 development. Still hasn't been implemented....

You could always install it yourself though (that's what I do), then it wouldn't be dependent on the control panel.

5. Alcedema

Alcedema Guest

Yeah good idea. Although what user/pass would psa have set in mysql when it was installing?

6. serve-you.net

serve-you.net Guest

On PSA installs, plesk uses what is normally the "root" mysql account. It is replaced with the "admin" user (ie, the one you login to plesk with).

7. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    I would imagine the new version of Plesk for *nix is going to copy the Windows version.

Plesk 7.5 for Windows uses two seperate installs of MySQL - one for clients, one for plesk itself. It also has a root/admin based phpMyAdmin interface for the client side database.