• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why Plesk is better than cPanel ??

This is what I like about Plesk:
- the best interface on the market. Seriously, cPanel looks horrible in comparison and there is no logic in their interface.
- crazy good support. Really, it is just amazing.
- stable.

This is what I really hate about them:
- implementation requests take ages to implement. Even for third party addons. A lot of people asked for Full DNS support for the ServerShield addon. Which is maintained by CloudFlare. After more than 6 months of promises this moved nowhere. I am sure there isn't a lot to be done. Also it is in Plesks interest to have this implemented since cPanel addon does support Full DNS.

UFHH01, I see that you're an expert. So, I'm sure that you know much more about chronic problems with Plesk, than I can get just reading blog posts like "Plesk vs cPanel". I've tried both panels, but I don't have such experience (as you have, I suppose). The blogs say a lot ... [bad things] about Plesk support, about stability, especially on updates or mirgration happen. But... I don't know about the facts. Where should I pay more attention? Which of these problems are more possible?

Well, took me over a month, but i finally tried em all and i can safely assure that Webmin/Virtualmin is simply THE BEST (aside from WHM, of course) you'll get 90% of WHM's features and 70% of cPanel's Looks (others didn't even came close) Webmin is the best bang for your buck (its free, they also have a pro version)

Well, took me over a month, but i finally tried em all and i can safely assure that Webmin/Virtualmin is simply THE BEST (aside from WHM, of course) you'll get 90% of WHM's features and 70% of cPanel's Looks (others didn't even came close) Webmin is the best bang for your buck (its free, they also have a pro version)

@StormFiber

I do appreciate your feedback, as a form of informative content to the Plesk community.

On a personal note, I do have to say the following.

You are exhibiting a personal opinion that is not based upon the facts.

The simple fact is that a well-seasoned sysadmin should not want any hosting panel, since it essentially provides lots of overhead on well-known basic services and software that can also run without any hosting panel, functioning as a super-shell or super-GUI.

Another simple fact is that hosting panels are simply valuable for allowing user-friendly access to customers...........and from that perspective, it does not matter (not at all) what the personal preference of the sysadmin is, only the (general, overall) preference of the customers is relevant.

In short, your statement "Webmin/Virtualmin is THE BEST" is a bit odd and factually biased, since it is your personal preference as sysadmin.

And I am not even starting about the technical details.........

Regards........

@StormFiber

I do appreciate your feedback, as a form of informative content to the Plesk community.

On a personal note, I do have to say the following.

You are exhibiting a personal opinion that is not based upon the facts.

The simple fact is that a well-seasoned sysadmin should not want any hosting panel, since it essentially provides lots of overhead on well-known basic services and software that can also run without any hosting panel, functioning as a super-shell or super-GUI.

Another simple fact is that hosting panels are simply valuable for allowing user-friendly access to customers...........and from that perspective, it does not matter (not at all) what the personal preference of the sysadmin is, only the (general, overall) preference of the customers is relevant.

In short, your statement "Webmin/Virtualmin is THE BEST" is a bit odd and factually biased, since it is your personal preference as sysadmin.

And I am not even starting about the technical details.........

Regards........

ok next time be careful

cPanel and Plesk are both exceptional control panels that make it easy to run your server and website. In many cases, your choice may be restricted by the operating system or hosting package you choose.

However, in Europe market, the Plesk is leading, and if you are in Asia, then cPanel makes more sense to us because you get plenty of support and customer support has more knowledge in cPanel than Plesk.

in my opinion CPanel is easier for beginners.

If you are going to manage 1 website - you would better go with CPanel, but if you have a multiple websites, Plesk is a better option in such case

Back