• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why Plesk is better than cPanel ??

i use plesk because, Cpanel is for centOS 6
but my company have only Debian 7 , and i'm happy with Plesk Panel.
i think 10 - 20% of people have install plesk for this reason

Last edited:
Because they prefer Debian? :) Are you sure?
is not a preference, i think this is because some company offer server with low price and they have only debian 7 (as my company)
in some forums i have read some post when people asking
" i can install cpanel in my server debian 7 ?! "
when answer is No.
then they write " i will install plesk"
sorry for my bad english i can't explain perfectly!
and cpanel is more complicated i have try it and i can't manage it i don't know but is too hard
plesk for me is to simple and for this i love it xP

is not a preference, i think this is because some company offer server with low price and they have only debian 7 (as my company)
in some forums i have read some post when people asking
" i can install cpanel in my server debian 7 ?! "
when answer is No.
then they write " i will install plesk"
sorry for my bad english i can't explain perfectly!
and cpanel is more complicated i have try it and i can't manage it i don't know but is too hard
plesk for me is to simple and for this i love it xP

I don't think so. Before I start with my first VPS, I was cPanel user, my first vps install was also whm/cpanel. After that, I began digging nginx, fpm.. etc., and all of this on cpanle was extra setup/install, sometimes things go wrong and so on.
After a several months I desided to try plesk, at the begining was a bit confusing but after some time I found that it's much easy to use out of the box. You have all you need, and most of the time everything works like expected.

For me personaly, cpanel is like android and plesk is like ios.
One is full with bunch of settings, which are in my opinion useless, and the other one have only that, what is needed.

One is full with bunch of settings, which are in my opinion useless, and the other one have only that, what is needed.

To be honest, I think that is the BEST comparison I have seen by far!
I totally agree on Plesk being like iOS in terms of integration, coherency and general look and feel.

When I first started hosting I was self-restricted to using cPanel because that was what I was used to, and at that time it was concidered the 'bee's knees'.
2 years ago I tried a plesk server (trial) and fell in love. So much in love now it's all I offer my clients - I'm guilty of forcing existing clients over to plesk as well, but I had zero complaints. Obviously the layout is different (duh!) but I find it a more user friendly, secure, and powerful panel. Plus the support forums should things fall down - 3 incidents in 2 years quickly resolved with the help of more knowledgable members of this very forum (including previous incarnations).
My hypothesis? cPanel fans only love it because it's all they're used to - with a little 'I KNOW BETTER' thrown in. (Oooh, maybe a little contoversial - just my opinion).

I don't think so. Before I start with my first VPS, I was cPanel user, my first vps install was also whm/cpanel. After that, I began digging nginx, fpm.. etc., and all of this on cpanle was extra setup/install, sometimes things go wrong and so on.
After a several months I desided to try plesk, at the begining was a bit confusing but after some time I found that it's much easy to use out of the box. You have all you need, and most of the time everything works like expected.

yes i know is not only this reason,
plesk have a lot of modules and is pretty easy do manage those!
in cpanel is needed to install nginx manually and to configure it, in plesk is ready from begin !
and much more in cpanel is needed to install plugins manually but in plesk we can install a lot of plugins from catalog,
+1 plesk have apps like wordpress and much more , in cpanel we need to install softaculous!

@AlL,

I just finished my "popcorn", in the presumption that it was going to be an exciting and remarkable discussion.

To summarize, cPanel and Plesk are being compared from the perspective of avid Plesk users, with a natural and expected winner: Plesk.

Not so surprising, is it?

The main problem about this discussion is that it does not tackle relevant factors, such as human perception AND the degree to which specific parties are able to deduce fairly.

In essence, if one person cannot see the advantages of Plesk over any other panel, than his/her perception is flawed and totally subjective and even biased towards Plesk.

I really want to emphasize that the discussion should not tackle the factual comparison of Plesk and other panels.

Sure, Plesk is better.

But how to compare these panels and WHY to compare these panels?

How to compare these panels? This question is rather obsolete in the case of Plesk versus cPanel: cPanel walks into the court and pledges "guilty, I am worse".

WHY to compare these panels? This question is rather relevant.

But be aware of the FACT that the relevance of this question only results of a huge number of persons that want to favour cPanel over Plesk, only due to their ignorance.

Surely, I am not being blunt, I am just stating the obvious: some people prefer cPanel because it is "user friendly" (just admit that you cannot handle other panels, like Plesk), other people prefer cPanel because they are not able to make the factual and objective comparison with Plesk (seems to be hard these days, to be fair and objective).

In the end, we are starting a discussion about the case Plesk versus cPanel and I am not sure why that is needed.

After all, cPanel walks into the court and pledges "guilty, I am worse" and, for that reason, the case should be closed.

However, I do not want to be the judge, let everyone decide for themselves (and to be honest, amuse us Plesk users, if they are avid cPanel advocates).

Regards.......

@wayfarer

As a personal note for you, the following.

In essence, a clean and objective comparison of Plesk and cPanel could result in a summary of many details, advantages and disadvantages, all of them not really relevant.

All panels are intended to make work with and on a server more easy, but that is a paradox to some extent: just use a ssh terminal and CLI tools, that is most efficient/performant.

The discussion about Plesk and cPanel is very similar to the comparison of Perl and Python.

Perl is a very fast, clean, efficient and performant code, but very messy to program and rather useless in specific scenario´s.

Python is the same and much, much more, with a penalty on performance.

Python is just the favourite of the public and has been the favourite for a long time, even leading to (almost) the extinction of Perl.

There is no winner here, when comparing the two: it is just all about the perception of the public, in this case in favour of Python.

Nevertheless, for every day use, Python should be preferred.

In short, in the context of panels, Plesk is the Python equivalent: always handy, quite flexible, fast and efficient enough and so on.

And cPanel, is that the Perl equivalent? No, far from that: cPanel only resembles Perl in terms of "messy" (cPanel even contains some ancient lines of code that enable cPanel to kill itself and/or to kill specific functions in specific circumstances, a vulnerability that is heavily used by hackers, spammers and such).

I am pretty sure that you, if you would make the effort to run pre-defined workloads and setups on both panels, would objectively conclude that Plesk is outperforming cPanel.

You can do the tests OR just take our words for granted and assume that we are giving you good advice by saying: prefer and use Plesk!

However, you are free to doubt our statements and replace our statements by the nasty comments on Plesk, posted online by avid cPanel users.

You should ask yourself whether it makes any sense to apply the negative bias of cPanel users to your decisions regarding Plesk.

In my humble opinion, it does not make any sense and I would strongly advice you to disregard half of the internet, when it concerns hosting matters.

Life really becomes more easy, when miscommunication and misinformation are absent.

Regards.....

cPanel and Plesk are both feature rich control panels with similar functionality. They are, however, organized completely differently, have a different security model and use slightly different terminology.

Last edited by a moderator:
my a client order me a vps with plesk but unfortunately no one your the plesk partner provide me only plesk
all them ask me to buy vps along with that

Having used cPanel/WHM for 7 years on my hosting infrastructure I switched to Plesk 12.5 and found that not only was the resource footprint smaller, everything worked a lot faster and its so much lighter too - cPanel is very you MUST do things this way and also has some really crappy DNS caveats etc - Plesk has seen my company flourish with reviews about having a speedy control panel, easy to use layout etc

for me the equation is simple for beginners C panel is good because there are plenty of tutorials about it. for people with VPS and Dedicated servers Plesk is a godsend

Well lets start from(in my opinion) most important thing for end users...cpanel don't handle domains at best way...all domains are related to one main domain,in practice it handle it like subdomains..even create subdomain for every domain.As result what ever settings you have on main domain will affect all others and in practice it makes multi site administration on one account very limited.
Plesk handle every domain as new account in cpanel....you can have different php version for every domain,serve one as Apache/nginx FPM ..second as CGI...
Now from Admin perspective,Plesk provide more freedom..cpanel is maybe better for hostmasters(and trust me there are many of them)who don't know how to edit file using CLI..yes it is better for them because they don't care it takes over whole sistem...it is even better for them....
But if you are someone who want to have control over your sistem without lock your self in to one version without upgrades..and someone who wan't provide more freedom to your user...than Plesk is Ideal

I'm a total newcomer to Plesk, having used cPanel/WHM for about 7 years for my personal use, and now the Web Pro edition of Plesk for just few days, and I must say I'm very impressed.

Plesk is very different from cPanel, and it seems to me that the cPanel/WHM control panel is much more user friendly, at least for an experienced user like me, while the new Plesk version has much more feature rich interface. For example:
  • Much better PHP management (compared to both EasyApache 3 and 4 in cPanel). The new EasyApachce 4 is the only reason I needed to find something different after having been used to the cPanel/WHM interface for 7 years.
  • The excellent Plesk documentation is much much better, and you can download it as a zip file from the Plesk site, and even view the documentation via the Plesk control panel link, and this is very nice.
  • Git Module
  • File sharing
  • Website Preview (preview websites before their DNS settings are configured and propagated).
  • The File manager seems to be much better.

Past the apparatuses to deal with a site, both cPanel and Plesk offer answers for dealing with various records on a server. Nonetheless, their answers contrast extraordinarily and check a principle refinement point.

cPanel offers a different application for overseeing other site accounts on a server: WHM. While this server head is powerful, it is in any case a totally isolate program. The organization is doing their best to incorporate the two; for example, another component in cPanel 54 empowers clients to sign straightforwardly into both cPanel and WHM by means of their favored, consistent confirmation benefit.

In Plesk, the two functions are integrated into the same browser based interface using separate sections. This enables quick management of a server alongside individual website accounts. From your panel homepage, users with server management roles can:

· monitor server usage and traffic reports

· open/modify/suspend accounts

· manage subscriptions

· Configure global server settings

· Set the server’s language and skin

· Monitor the domains on the server

· Sell software and script add-ons to customers

With such unique ways to deal with server organization, the decision comes down to client inclination. In the event that you need website admin capacity nearby server organization, Plesk is the better decision. On the off chance that you'd rather keep the two capacities discrete, cPanel may give more broad usefulness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back