• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Why Plesk12.5 Shows MySQL DB when using MariaDB?

Peter_R

Basic Pleskian
Ok i am confused here.
I tried to make MySQL Dump for backup purpose then i restored it to the same plesk domain and shows errors.

I Use Plesk12.5 on Centos7.1

I Just checked in Home>Tools & Settings - this shows i have MySQL installed ( see pic)
but
PhpMyAdmin Says i use MariaDB. and all databases export and import with errors showing MariaDB? (See Pics of PhpMyAdmin info)

So whats going on with plesk db? i never had problems before in version 12 and centos6

please advise why there is a discrepancy in the information?

I am trying to troubleshoot DB Import issue using PhphMyAdmin.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 5.25.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 5.25.17 AM.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 5.14.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 5.14.10 AM.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 5.14.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 5.14.27 AM.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi Peter,
the first screenshot, where it says MySQL on the left hand side, is just a static label, so will say MySQL wheather you have MySQL or MariaDB installed.
I hope that clears that up.

MU 24 has an update for phpmyadmin which fixes some issues with it, if you exported that way (you said dump so i guess you did it from ssh).

phpMyAdmin issues - https://talk.plesk.com/threads/prob...hpmyadmin-plesk-12-5-centos-7-mariadb.335757/

You didn't mention what errors so I included it just in case.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd

ok first question
Why MariaDB was installed on plesk ? MySQL is not a Default one ? i did not see in requirements anything about MariaDB.

Error issue:
I use built in in plesk PhpMyAdmin to see tables there i choose EXPORT , also same way i do IMPORT.
Its the same DB on the same Domain and Configuration. Its wired that it corrupts the dump when exporting.

Program installation created Tables in DB when initial install was done. Application works fine and did not report any problems.
But i like to do frequent backups and now i see it does not work. Now i dont know if the application is compatabile with MariaDB but since it s working i assume it is.

I attached a screenshot with the error to have a look. It reports it has a problem with some character , my question is why ? Its same plesk and environment. It was not transfered from another panel.

It drives me crazy. That i cant not fix that. Also i never had any problem before with DB export and import in previous plesk

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 8.06.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-05 at 8.06.50 AM.png
    246.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi Peter,
no MariaDB won't get installed by default so I'm not sure why you have it installed.

As I mentioned in my previous post, people were having issues with exporting in phpMyAdmin prior to Plesk 12.5.30 MU24, do you get the same errors when you create a dump from the CLI? eg...
Code:
# mysqldump -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` yourDatabase > yourDatabase05032016.sql
To backup/export the whole db.

Any errors?
Regards

Lloyd

HI

yes i have the latest version with update#24 and still shows these errors that last screenshoot is a proof of that.

No i did not run terminal command yet i am not comfortable using it my linux knowledge is basic.

Btw
I did one click install on centos7.2 so i had no way of choosing what to install...

is there a disadvantage of using MariaDB ? if these errors are caused because of that is there a way to switch to MySQL ?
i am not certain but i think i saw somewhere in the past that if you have Centos 7 MariaDB is chosen by default but i can not confirm that.

i will try that terminal dump one i find out exactly how to do it..

Looks like i was right
For Centos 7 comes by default with MariaDB so thats why mysql is missing. Still i wonder if it is safe to install and use.

i found it in comments of this article
http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/ad...ux/services-management/database-server.72943/

"PleskDocumentation Mod Daniel Martin Domenech4 days ago
Thank you. We believe the issue to be specific to Plesk installations on RHEL/CentOS 7, as these OSes come with MariaDB instead of MySQL. We will look into this and update the topic as necessary. For your reference, the internal ID for the investigation is PPP-21146. "

Hi Peter,

Ok, that's cleared that bit up.

As for it being safe to use, yes I've been using MariaDB 5.5 (and 10) for a while without issue (MariaDB is basically just a fork of MySQL, with added default settings).

Yeah, try exporting/importing via the CLI,

Export
Code:
# mysqldump -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` yourDatabase > yourDatabase05032016.sql

Import
Code:
# mysqldump -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` yourDatabase < yourDatabase05032016.sql

I'd create a new database for testing if I was you.

With regards to the error, I'm not sure on that, other than stating the obvious that it's expecting an ending quote.
If anyone else has any ideas please post away.
Regards

Lloyd

@Peter_R

With respect to the SQL syntax error, the syntax should be like

INSERT INTO tbl_name (a,b,c) VALUES(1,2,3),(4,5,6),(7,8,9);

and it is very likely (though hard to check for me, given the end of the line in your screenshot) that the number of columns (7 in your case) does not correspond with the list or multiple lists for the column values: somehow, the VALUES syntax is not satisfied (and that can be due to some simple typo or something similar).

Hope that above can help you to check the syntax of the full SQL command.

Regards....

Back