• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Wildcard certificates depend on DNS being installed

IMHO plesk is just an interface shell to manage the various open source programs apache, nginx, postfix, dovecot, bind, mysql and others.

It does so by merely manipulating their configuration files. For Plesk these programs dictate how the configurations should be.

Plesk shouldn't filter input more than these programs require.

bind fully supports underscore for use in NS records and cnames and therefore plesk should do as well.

Letsencrypt supports it... well they even require it, so who is plesk to deliberately cripple their product over semantics which do not reflect the reality of today.

I came across this post because I would like to use the DNS from my domain provider.

I fail already at the NS record at my domain provider.

I have set the following DNS record.

_acme-challenge.domain.de - NS - domain.de

2023-03-01 08_05_39-Window.png

host -t ns _acme-challenge.domain.de 8.8.8.8 _acme-challenge.domain.de has no NS record

The entry was entered a few days ago.
Am I making a mistake here?
Does the entry only have to be _acme-challenge, without domain.de?

I was able to fix the problem.

the entry at my domain provider (Primary DNS) must not be called _acme-challenge.domain.de - NS - domain.de.

Correct is
_acme-challenge - NS - domain.de

Of course, this can vary from provider to provider.
In my case the wrong result would be a double domain in the name. so _acme-challenge.domain.de.domain.de

Back