• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Wildcard SSL with Certbot

Davide Maggiorelli

New Pleskian
Hi everyone!
I saw Let's Encrypt extension is going to support wildcard certificates, but for now it doesn't.
Can I create the wildcard in another way? Is there a guide?

I went on certbot directly from let's encrypt website, but it was telling me to use let's encrypt plugin for my situation (Plesk with CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 (Core)‬).

A detailed guide would be really appreciated :)

Hi Igor, thank you very much for your answer :)
I tried generating the certificate with certbot.

After installing everything I launched the command
Code:
./certbot-auto certonly --manual --preferred-challenges=dns --email [email protected] --server https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory --agree-tos -d *.domain.it -d domain.it *.vps1561650.vs.webtropia-customer.com -d vps1561650.vs.webtropia-customer.com

"vps1561650.vs.webtropia-customer.com" is the default domain of my hosting (webtropia), in which plesk panel is installed, and apparently I cannot change the TXT record (as requested in certbot instructions).

The main problem is that I have some issues with third party services for the mail and it seems to not recognize properly the SSL certificate (eg. I can connect Gmail aliases, but not Jotform or Fattura24 -invoices software-).

I know it could be not enough information, but I can provide. I just don't know what to look for right now.

Thank you very much!
Really appreciate

Back