• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

wildcards with webmail and sub-domain

Laurent_c

New Pleskian
My config :
CPUAuthenticAMD, AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4334
VersionParallels Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15 os_CentOS 6
OSCentOS 6.5 (Final)

I install and use a site with wordpress in multisite mode using subdomain > its ok
to make it work, i create vhost.conf in /var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain.com/conf/vhost.conf
and add A key *.mydomain.com in DNS

I try to go to webmail.mydomain.com and it always redirect to my domain.com, I create a subdomain manually and subdomain don't work WHY ?

Question : What must I do to allow manual subdomain and webmail under Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15

Thank you very much for your help

If you use a wildcard in your DNS - settings, it will conflict with every additional subdomain with that domain. The suggested work-around for your wordpress - multisite might work if you have no other subdomains for that domain, but this work-around will always cause issues/problems with any other content on that webspace using redirects. The more accurate way would be to define EACH subdomain, in order to have a working webmail - configuration, which is already setup in your httpd and nginx - config - files.

can you verify if webmail.mydomain.com entry present in dns ? Sometime it is missing and that causes wildcard to redirect subdomain to domain.

Back