• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

wildcards with webmail and sub-domain

Laurent_c

New Pleskian
My config :
CPUAuthenticAMD, AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4334
VersionParallels Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15 os_CentOS 6
OSCentOS 6.5 (Final)

I install and use a site with wordpress in multisite mode using subdomain > its ok
to make it work, i create vhost.conf in /var/www/vhosts/system/mydomain.com/conf/vhost.conf
and add A key *.mydomain.com in DNS

I try to go to webmail.mydomain.com and it always redirect to my domain.com, I create a subdomain manually and subdomain don't work WHY ?

Question : What must I do to allow manual subdomain and webmail under Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15

Thank you very much for your help

If you use a wildcard in your DNS - settings, it will conflict with every additional subdomain with that domain. The suggested work-around for your wordpress - multisite might work if you have no other subdomains for that domain, but this work-around will always cause issues/problems with any other content on that webspace using redirects. The more accurate way would be to define EACH subdomain, in order to have a working webmail - configuration, which is already setup in your httpd and nginx - config - files.

can you verify if webmail.mydomain.com entry present in dns ? Sometime it is missing and that causes wildcard to redirect subdomain to domain.

Back