• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Will plesk 8 work with php4?

S

slopok

I just migrated my entire site onto a dedicated server that has php 5 on it. My site was created on php 4 and will not run on php 5 unless it is completely re-written. I can not afford a complete re-write. My dedicated server host has said that they will go ahead and put php 4 on it but I have to agree that any trouble caused between plesk 8 and php 4 is my problem and not theirs.

Can anyone plese tell me if they are running plesk 8 with php 4 or know if it is stable with php 4? and if so, will it mes plesk up if they install a lower version of PHP then what was originally installed (php 5) I am almost positive that it has to be ok, since php is still not as widely used yet as php 4 and that plsek would not create a new version without it being stable on php 4 but I must make sure before telling them to go ahead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jim Carney

isn't there anyone who can answer this question? I have a server company waiting for me to tell them to install php 4 so that my site will work properly.

Plesk will work with whatever version of PHP is installed by your OS (provided Plesk is supported on that OS of course). As far as I know only FC4 has PHP5, all other distro's supported by Plesk 8 have PHP4 by default.

Originally posted by breun
Plesk will work with whatever version of PHP is installed by your OS (provided Plesk is supported on that OS of course). As far as I know only FC4 has PHP5, all other distro's supported by Plesk 8 have PHP4 by default.

Thank you, The server company made it sound like if I asked them to install the php 4 over the php5 that it may mess up plesk. I couldn't understant that because as of now most companies are still supporting and using php 4. BUt they definately had me worried whether or not it could be done.

Thanks again

I work for a major hosting company that uses Plesk. Most of our customers are using PHP5 with Fedora Core 4 and Plesk 8, however there are a few who have downgraded to PHP 4 without issues. The easiest way to do this is to download the php 4 rpms and install them over the php 5 ones. Though doing so would be at your own risk.

Back