• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question will plesk remove php 5 from available options?

We have a million sites of our clients based on PHP5, and we will not remove it in the nearest feature.
Note that Plesk admin can remove this component from the Plesk server or disable it in Tools&Settings > PHP Settings. After that, it will not be accessible for clients.

We have a million sites of our clients based on PHP5, and we will not remove it in the nearest feature.
Note that Plesk admin can remove this component from the Plesk server or disable it in Tools&Settings > PHP Settings. After that, it will not be accessible for clients.
PHP 5 is not available in my newly installed Obsidian 18.0.40.
How do I get it, please?

Can anybody help me with this please?

From IgorG's post above, I'm led to believe that PHP5 is built into Plesk. It's not in my newly installed v18.0.40.

I'll have to pay a professional to install it but first can anyone help a novice to get it into plesk please?

If your Plesk server has been updated from an old version where PHP5 was still supported, then it will be available.
If you have a new Plesk installation, then this version of PHP5 will no longer be available, because we do not support EOLed third-party software.

If your Plesk server has been updated from an old version where PHP5 was still supported, then it will be available.
If you have a new Plesk installation, then this version of PHP5 will no longer be available, because we do not support EOLed third-party software.

Can you tell me please what you meant by...

Can you tell me please what you meant by...
It meant that on those servers with PHP5 on which the sites are running, this version will not be disabled.
But this version is no longer on newly installed servers.

It meant that on those servers with PHP5 on which the sites are running, this version will not be disabled.
But this version is no longer on newly installed servers.
Am I right in saying that I can have PHP5 installed and integrated into Plesk on a newly installed server.

Am I right in saying that I can have PHP5 installed and integrated into Plesk on a newly installed server.
It depends on your OS. For example on CentOS 7 PHP 5 comes with the OS, hence it will be available. On CentOS 8 however PHP 7 is included on the OS and therefor PHP 5 will be no be available. I don't know exactly which operating systems include PHP 5, however if I am not mistaken CloudLinux for example supports a wide array of PHP 'older' versions.

Back