• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows 2000 or, 2003 only?

C

cVarz

Can 7.0 be installed on Server 2000??? Or, is it only designed and compatiable with Server 2003?

Originally posted by cVarz
Can 7.0 be installed on Server 2000??? Or, is it only designed and compatiable with Server 2003?

2003 only !
I`v try 2000, and it did not work at all..:confused:

Plesk 7 for Windows SP1 will be the first version with official support for Windows 2000.

Current version is oficially supported on Windows 2003 only - there are known issues on Windows 2000 in some configurations.

Ok, so what do I do with my malfunctioning Plesk 6.5 for Windows, since I can not upgrade to Plesk 7.0 for only Windows 2003 server.

Nice little frog pond I'm in han !!

Upgrade to Windows 2003 so you can also better serve your customers with Isolated Application pools.

I.E. one site goes down not all.

It is not a matter of upgrading or re-installing. It is the fact that I purchased software that does not work. I was told to upgrade to 7.0 which does not work with Server 2000 (which knobody made anyone aware of). Then, upgrade to Server 2003.

Honestly - why should I spend hundreds of dollars, not to mention 100's of hours on a program that should work out of the box???

Is it my responsibity to foot the bill for a new OS just to get a program to work, that should work as promised from the get go.

These suggestions are BS.

What should have been said - which I have not seen once -

We are sorry that we put out an unfished and untested product and we will correct the situation and make it right.

So please, unless you have an answer that is in the favor of the consumer - please keep it to yourself.

You also have to look at the fact that you are not the only consumer. And the fact that most Windows Hosts have migrated to Windows 2003 because of the various improvements.

I agree with SW-Soft's choice to release the 2003 product first. Primarily because of the advantes to "our consumers". The people who pay us for hosting, those people who are consumers of you just like you are a consumer of SW-Soft.

If you read up on IIS 6.0 you will discover why so many hosts have migrated to it and why there are customers out there who will not accept anything but.

Just a thought.

And yes, they put out a buggy product. But I have also heard and read where they said they made a mistake by releasing 6.5 when they did and they are working on correcting it. Considering 7.0 is a complete rebuild, they have done extremely well in my opinion.

Extremely well ?

The only fix for the product they sold me is for me to spend $800.00 + dollars on a new OS?

That is extremely well - what do you tell your customers?

The flat point is this.

I should not have to spend a single cent on anything to get a product to work as it should and as it is advertised. IIS on Server 2003 - great. Did you ever think I may have scripts and such that do not work with it?

Migrating to Server 2003 is something I am going to do in the future - on my own schedule - not on someone elses and certainly not becuase I am made to for no fault of my own.

The other point is, I do not do hosting for the public, I use it for my own sites and a few select clients and friends. I do not do this to generate a profit. It is an added benefit to a few customers - and I don't charge them.

When 6.5 was released I thought it would be a good move to offer a nice control panel - instead of a simplistic web interface - that is why I bought a Plesk domain package - I did not lease it.

If someone were to bring a Ford Pinto to a garage to have the oil changed - and they put in wiper fluid instead of oil, would you tell the customer to upgrad his engine as you now have one that runs on wiper fluid???

Give me at least a little respect to my valid argument.

Back