• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows 2008 server 64bits and plesk 10

Shaka

New Pleskian
I'm working with Cari.Net and I'm going to buy a windows server

They told me that plesk 10 only works with 32bit systems, is that correct?
I want to Windows 2008 server 64bits and plesk 10 will that be possible?
Thanks
Pablo

Plesk is 32 bit application therefore it switches IIS to 32 bit mode.

Plesk is 32 bit application therefore it switches IIS to 32 bit mode.

because of this (switches IIS to 32 bit mode) all my web applications are limited to 4GB of RAM, even having the server much more RAM than that, am I correct?

I ask this because my server (windows x64) is presenting symptoms of low memory, even with the double free via task manager. I believe that my web applications (32bit) - more than 1000 domains on this server - are consuming 4GB of ram. Due to the limit of 32bit addressing, even if I insert more RAM on the server, the problem would continue? What do you think?

By default all Plesk domains are created in shared IIS application pool. Technically, this means that they will be handled in one process w3wp.exe. This pool is 32-bit, so this process is really limited to 4Gb of memory (for this process!).

If you have lot of memory, you should think about dedicated IIS pools. If you enable dedicated pool for subscriptions, then every subscription will be served in separate process. Every process will have limit of 4Gb, and I suppose, you will have better memory consumption by your server in this case.

This can be switched on server level (by changing policy) or manually for every subscription. You can start with most traffic-loaded subscriptions manually.

By default all Plesk domains are created in shared IIS application pool. Technically, this means that they will be handled in one process w3wp.exe. This pool is 32-bit, so this process is really limited to 4Gb of memory (for this process!).

If you have lot of memory, you should think about dedicated IIS pools. If you enable dedicated pool for subscriptions, then every subscription will be served in separate process. Every process will have limit of 4Gb, and I suppose, you will have better memory consumption by your server in this case.

This can be switched on server level (by changing policy) or manually for every subscription. You can start with most traffic-loaded subscriptions manually.

Thanks for your time!

We do not use shared 'IIS application pool', we use the 'dedicated IIS pools'.

I will expand the current memory of 8GB to 16GB on this server, then, according to articles from Microsoft, the system (windows SO) would be allocated in the last block of 4GB of memory, there are then three more free blocks of 4GB each.

My main question is:

Will the IIS, set to 32bit, using 'dedicated IIS pools', allocate these pools in all three blocks of 4GB each, or it will always be limited in the first block only?

Back