1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows forwarding works different then Linux forwarding?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by techninl, Jun 1, 2006.

1. techninl

techninl Guest

I have a customer with a Linux and a Windows hosting account, both using Plesk. Now he noticed Plesk Linux/Windows use different forwarding methods

On Linux he has
    www.domain1.com
    www.domain1.nl
    www.domain1.us
    www.domain1.de

He has forwarding from www.domain1.nl to www.domain1.com/nl, www.domain1.us to www.domain.com/us etc.

Now when i enter the url www.domain1.nl/test in the browser it is redirected to www.domain1.com/nl/test

On windows he has
    www.domain2.com
    www.domain2.nl
    www.domain2.us
    www.domain2.de

And the same kind of forwarding

Now when i enter www.domain2.nl it is forwarded to www.domain2.com/nl, which is correct. But when I enter www.domain2.nl/test it is stil forwarded to www.domain2.com/nl and not www.domain2.com/nl/test

The customer prefers the Linux method. Is it possible to let Windows behave the same way.