• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Windows Server 2003 x64

runes911

New Pleskian
I have the 64 bit version of windows server '03, I wanted to know if plesk will be compatible with it soon. Can the current version be installed on it? Will it work?

At this time Plesk supports this Windows versions:

Windows 2003 Server Web Edition
Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition
Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition

I think that there is no any restrictions for using Plesk on 64-bit Windows versions and Plesk will works just fine on it in 32-bit mode.

Well it give me two errors: ASP.NET is not installed and Frontpage extensions are not installed.

ASP.NET isnt avaliable for W2k3 x64 and I dont see the frontpage extensions install eaither. Should I just tell the setup to ignore and continue?

Whats the point in installing 32bit software on a 64bit system? Your asking for trouble imo.

Actually several sources told 32bit software runs a little faster on a 64 bit OS which I have found to be pretty accurate.

Originally posted by runes911
Actually several sources told 32bit software runs a little faster on a 64 bit OS which I have found to be pretty accurate.

That would be correct due to the increase in memory x64 has. However I still wouldn't be willing to take the risk myself.

Back