• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

with or without www setting?

web2010

New Pleskian
Where is the checkbox for www or without it now hiding?

Websites & Domains > Hosting Settings for blahblah.com > General . . . . not there

Thank you

Starting from version 10.3.1, the ServerAlias "www.<DOMAIN.TLD>" record is added to the webserver configuration for each domain without depending on its DNS zone content.
So, www prefix works by default for any new created domain.

Plesk will not allow me to do it and the server techs are telling me the same.

Error: CNAME DNS zone record cannot coexist with other DNS records in the same zone.

Here are all the CNAME records:

*.webmail.blahblah.com. CNAME blahblah.com.
ftp.blahblah.com. CNAME blahblah.com.
www.blahblah.com. CNAME blahblah.com.myshopify.com.

And I am trying to add:

blahblah.com. CNAME blahblah.com.myshopify.com.

Last edited:
To my opinion your problem isn't about www prefix. You are simply trying to setup a redirect or alias. The best way would be to setup redirect on "blahblah.com" or make it assigned to the same folder blahblah.com.myshopify.com. The first option would cause URL changed to blahblah.com.myshopify.com, the second option would keep URL preserved.

Indeed you cannot make "blahblah.com CNAME" in blahblah.com zone since there is already mandatory "blahblah.com A" record for it.

Redirect to www using htaccess redirect

Create a .htaccess file with the below code, it will ensure that all requests coming in to domain.com will get redirected to www.domain.com
The .htaccess file needs to be placed in the root directory of your old website (i.e the same directory where your index file is placed)

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
rewritecond %{http_host} ^domain.com [nc]
rewriterule ^(.*)$ http://www.domain.com/$1 [r=301,nc]

Please REPLACE domain.com and www.newdomain.com with your actual domain name.

Note* This .htaccess method of redirection works ONLY on Linux servers having the Apache Mod-Rewrite moduled enabled.

Back