• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordCamp Utrecht: Another Plesk Recap

C

Carole Olinger

The WordCamp marathon for Plesk and myself continued when Plesk proudly sponsored WordCamp Utrecht (Netherlands) last weekend. And there’s more to come! The Plesk team is now in Nashville getting ready to rock WordCamp US.

Talks for WordCamp Utrecht

My own session was scheduled for the second day. So I got to enjoy some great, instructive talks from other speakers on Saturday (Day 1).

Live: @schlessera talking about structuring larger OOP plugins at #WCUT @wordcamputrecht pic.twitter.com/tofi4MTpkM

— Carole Olinger (@CaroleOlinger) November 25, 2017

Interesting introduction! @LucP talking about imposter syndrome at #WCUT
@wordcamputrecht pic.twitter.com/m1H0MoS8Ke
— Carole Olinger (@CaroleOlinger) November 25, 2017

In total, WordCamp Utrecht had 18 talks and covered many diverse topics. Follow the link to check them out, in case you missed any!

But for me, it was a pleasure to introduce old and new WordPress friends to our new Plesk Wapuu stickers – which everybody loved. Plus, we equipped our organizer team and volunteers with Plesk lanyards that matched their t-shirts perfectly. Even our beloved friend Elvis Plesky found his way to Utrecht – in the goodie bags of 250 attendees!

Swag-Bar is open at #WCUT ! Don’t forget to grab your swag bag. Spoiler-alert: we brought this cool #ElvisPlesky keyrings for you.@wordcamputrecht #Plesk
pic.twitter.com/4daaRkYkre

— Plesk (@plesk) November 25, 2017

Plesk’s WordPress Toolkit

During the event, we shared info about our WordPress Toolkit in the guest blog post. So do give it a read – you can find on the WordCamp Utrecht site itself. Moreover, you can click below to discover more about the Toolkit for yourself. Or have a chat about it with one of our experts. We’d be more than happy to answer any questions!

Discover the WordPress Toolkit Get in Touch

My Plesk Journey Revealed on Stage

Then Sunday came and I was itching to share my own WordPress journey and how I became a Pleskian. It was so fun to interact with the audience, even on Twitter. Because my feedback was again heart-warming, it encouraged me to apply as a speaker during future WordCamps.

Really touched by the talk of @CaroleOlinger.
“WordPress gives you the possibility to be who you want to be.”#WCUT pic.twitter.com/x0jLr73THK

— ▫️Marcel Bootsman▫️ (@mbootsman) November 26, 2017

@CaroleOlinger caroles story is incredibly inspiring and made me tear up. Go Carole, you rock! #WCUT pic.twitter.com/0jGldwITcc

— yvettesonneveld (@yvettesonneveld) November 26, 2017

Contributor afternoon for WordCamp Utrecht

Finally, we all dedicated the last few hours of the event to the WordPress Open Source Project and everyone’s contribution. Different team leads helped onboard new contributors as more contributors worked on new and existing projects together.

The Community Team, which I actually joined, was able to announce three new WordPress meetups in The Netherlands. In the end, we released tickets for the very special WordCamp Retreat Soltau in May 2018.

Snapped Memories of WordCamp Utrecht

So this was my first edition of WordCamp Utrecht and all I can say is kudos. Organizers Sjoerd, Manuela and all the amazing volunteers made the atmosphere really inclusive for local and international guests.

#WCUT is a wrap! Kudos to the organizers and volunteers for their hard work. It’s an amazing event.
Lovely to see our #Plesk lanyards on you.
Now it’s time for the contributor afternoon. @wordcamputrecht @sjblom @ManuelaWeblish @lucP pic.twitter.com/EcYN5OXX59
— Plesk (@plesk) November 26, 2017

dsc_0260.jpg

dsc_0274.jpg

dsc_0282.jpg

dsc_0283.jpg

dsc_0266.jpg

dsc_0284.jpg

dsc_0290.jpg

dsc_0294.jpg

dsc_0298.jpg

dsc_0300.jpg

dsc_0303.jpg

dsc_0310.jpg

dsc_0315.jpg

dsc_0322.jpg

dsc_0327.jpg

dsc_0330.jpg

dsc_0332.jpg

dsc_0336.jpg

dsc_0338.jpg

dsc_0345.jpg

dsc_0346.jpg

dsc_0354.jpg

dsc_0368.jpg

dsc_0374.jpg

dsc_0377.jpg

dsc_0398.jpg

dsc_0456.jpg

dsc_0503.jpg

dsc_0509.jpg

dsc_0510.jpg

dsc_0511.jpg

dsc_0512.jpg

dsc_0513.jpg

dsc_0517.jpg

dsc_0518.jpg

dsc_0242.jpg

dsc_0233.jpg

dsc_0521.jpg

dsc_0522.jpg

dsc_0523.jpg

dsc_0526.jpg

dsc_0528.jpg

dsc_0532.jpg

dsc_0534.jpg

dsc_0537.jpg

dsc_0539.jpg

dsc_0553.jpg

dsc_0557.jpg

Were you at this WordCamp event? See if you can spot yourself in our photos above. And drop us a comment to tell us your feels about the whole thing. If not, meet us at our next WordCamp in the US or follow the recap here on our blog. We always like to meet new faces!

The post WordCamp Utrecht: Another Plesk Recap appeared first on Plesk.

Continue reading...