• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress admin not accessible

Mahesh Sriram

New Pleskian
I have install word press 4.3 in the plesk hosting server. I am able to see my front-end but unable access my wp-admin. This is the site URL: http://richardcharlton.com.au/demo/. When I am going to access my wp-admin, it shows error "Forbidden ! You do not have permission to access this document." I figured it out that it is an IP address accessible error. I am working from India but the server is in Australia. So my client said me that he white-list my IP. But still I am not able to access the wp-admin.

So please tell me how to overcome this type of issue or is there any setting in plesk panel?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mahesh

Looks like you set a password protected directory. To turn it off, log into Plesk and go to Password Protected Directories to see a list of password protected directory. From there you can then remove it or change the authorization and should let you in. If you don't see anything listed under Password Protected Directories then it was set directly in IIS and or Apache (depending on what server you're using) and need to be removed via RDP and changing the settings (for IIS (Windows)) or SSH/FTP and editing it from there (for Apache (Linux)).

Hi,

I found another solution. In the word press installation folder I have add this lines in the .htaccess file. Its works fine till now but I think its a temporary solution.

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "000\.000\.000\.00" members
<FilesMatch "wp-login.php">
AuthType Basic
AuthName "wpadmin"
require valid-user
Order allow,deny
Allow from env=members
Satisfy any
</FilesMatch>

# END WordPress

I have install word press 4.3 in the plesk hosting server. I am able to see my front-end but unable access my wp-admin. This is the site URL: http://richardcharlton.com.au/demo/. When I am going to access my wp-admin, it shows error "Forbidden ! You do not have permission to access this document." I figured it out that it is an IP address accessible error. I am working from India but the server is in Australia. So my client said me that he white-list my IP. But still I am not able to access the wp-admin.

So please tell me how to overcome this type of issue or is there any setting in plesk panel?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mahesh

Mahesh,

From your original question and the "rewrite solution" (that you have found), one can easily conclude that the lack of access was not concerning an issue with permissions.

However, you should be aware that the "rewrite solution" is not the best way of solving your problem: WordPress can or will rewrite your .htaccess file at some time.

In general, in your case, one can best proceed with the steps mentioned under "Using a pre-existing subdirectory install" on this page of the WordPress codex.

Even though your problem can be or maybe already solved, one might consider to do a fresh install, since these types of WordPress errors are very persistent.

Hope the above helps.

Kind regards...

I am a not quite with the code, but usually a reinstall would solve the problem. This can be easily done with cPanel

Back