• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

WordPress app template world-writable

matt_t1

New Pleskian
I have noticed with a few of my users who have installed WP from within the Plesk panel (11.5.30) that most files and folders in their WP tree are world-writable - which is something that feels insanely wrong on so many levels.

We use mod_ruid2 to run as the site user so upload permissions are easy, and there is no other reason I can find for the permissions to be like this.

Is there any way to modify the WP template (and possibly Joomla as well, although I haven't yet confirmed the problem here) so that there are no world-write permissions? At the moment I have to periodically check whether anyone has installed or upgraded WP then run "chmod -R o-w *" on their site to fix the issue.

Thanks.

Back