• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress as Plesk 11.5.30 Application blocks Wordpress Update Process

AbramS

Basic Pleskian
With the introduction of Wordpress 3.7 the Wordpress team introduced auto updates for the Wordpress core. Their first update (3.7.1) was released a few days ago. Because I've moved a lot of existing websites from a Direct Admin/CentOS environment to a Plesk/CentOS environment I have both standalone Wordpress installations and Plesk Application Wordpress installations.

When 3.7 was released I updated all Wordpress installations to this version through the Wordpress admin panel because Application updating tends to cause issues.

What I noticed since then is that all standalone Wordpress installations have automatically updated from 3.7.0 to 3.7.1 while all Plesk Application Wordpress installations are stuck at 3.7.0 with an 'update to 3.7.1 now' message on the Wordpress CP.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? Is there a suggested workaround to get the Plesk Applications to start autoupdating?

Plesk wordpress installer adds the following line to wp-config.php:

define( 'AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED', true );

Back