• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress databases still show in PHPMyAdmin after instance is deleted

Christopher-James

Basic Pleskian
Im about to upgrade my database from MariaDB 5.5 to 10.4 in my PLESK Obsidian install

Ive decided to clean the database of all old and unused wordpress installs before i dump the database.

Ive been deleting all the old and unused Wordpress instances, when i do im given the option to delete the associated database which I do though it seems that they are still in the -wp directory of the database when i open PHPMyAdmin.

There also seems to be some wordpress databases outside of the -wp directory

Why would this failure to remove the data automatically when removing the wordpress instance be happening?

Please verify that the databases really didn't get removed - look them up outside of the PHPMyAdmin, in Plesk and manually through a mysql client. If so, you might have stumbled on a bug.

BTW, there are no directories when it comes to databases, I suspect you're just noticing how PHPMyAdmin groups the names of the databases together. Those that don't have a name with a common beginning are simply not grouped together.

Also, please note that MariaDB 10.4 is currently not supported by Plesk. Consider using 10.3 instead.

Could you please clarify, did you share any single database with several WordPress installations? And another one: did you use group removal of WordPress installations, or did remove websites one-by-one?

As I understand, for each removal operation you have checked (default state) option to remove database and database user, is it correct? And second: was there any errors occurs during removals?

Back