• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress install: The 'mysql' extension was not found

JulianP

Basic Pleskian
Running Plesk 12.0.18 on Windows 2012

I create a new domain then use Plesk Applications tab to install Wordpress. It shows the message:
Code:
Error: Unable to install the app because its installation requirements are not met. Contact your hosting provider to resolve this problem.
Requirements
PHP extension
The 'mysql' extension was not found.

However, php is installed and phpinfo shows that the mysql extension is installed. I try different versions of php, cgi/fastcgi but ll fail with the same error. I install Wordpress via FTP and it works fine.

There are knowledge-base articles relating to this error but they are for Linux and the solutions don't work in this case:
http://kb.odin.com/en/111427
http://kb.odin.com/en/123910

Maybe the Wordpress database has to be created before using Plesk to install Wordpress? If so, what should the database name be? How does Plesk know what the name of the database is that it should use? Why doesn't Plesk just create a database to use?

Thanks,
Julian

Hi,

You will need to makes sure the PHP-mysql extension is enabled on your server. Check the PHP you are using and go to the configuration file and enable the below in it.

extension=mysql.so additionally, also enable mysqli.so

Wordpress installation will work properly once this PHP module is enabled.

As this is a windows server, the extensions are enabled using...
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll

I can confirm that these extensions are already enabled. If they weren't then Wordpress would not have worked when it was installed manually.

Why is Plesk failing to detect that the mysql extension is installed?

Hi,

Check the version of PHP you are using from the Plesk >> Hosting Settings. Make sure you are checking the appropriate PHP configuration file according to the PHP version that is set in the Plesk.

I have the exact same error message.
I checked php.ini and the extensions are there. (confirmed with output from phpinfo()).
manual installed wordpress works fine.

Hi,

It kind of makes me like think modules are available and manual installation is okay, so the issue is with the application installer of the plesk. May it is using a different php.ini file to check for those modules.

i have the same problem,

The Manual Installation works fine, but the Plesk Wordpress Installer return me error:

The 'mysql' extension was not found.

How can i fix it ?

Back