• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Wordpress installation hosted on plesk went back in time

Pietro

New Pleskian
Hi people, I'm at a loss here and maybe you have a clue.
So, I have a website hosted on plesk (78.47.87.244) and today I found out that sometime between 2-3 days ago and today my whole installation has gone back in time, as if to a 3 months old backup (but I have no backup schedule).
7000 posts are gone, pages are gone, website titles are changed, plugins I had installed are gone, ones I had uninstalled are there again... And I spent several hours getting those * GDPR pages and checkboxes right.

Is it possible that plesk decided to take my site to an old snapshot?
Is there any chance they'll revert this change? How do I get them to do it?

update: one day and a few hours later, everything went back to the future once more.
Sure, cool, but... I don't want this happening again, maybe permanently, or at random when I am counting on it not to happen. Uncool!
So, problem still open.

I'd suggest you check with your hosting provider. Maybe they had issues and somehow reverted your server to an older snapshot.
I'm not aware of any automatic restore function in Plesk, so I highly doubt that Plesk has anything to do with it.

I'd suggest you check with your hosting provider. Maybe they had issues and somehow reverted your server to an older snapshot.
I'm not aware of any automatic restore function in Plesk, so I highly doubt that Plesk has anything to do with it.

Thanks for your answer.
I thought Plesk was the hosting provider while in fact it's only some management dashboard thingy. Provider is hetzner.
I'll take it up with them. Thanks!

Back