• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Giacomo Berdondini

New Pleskian
Hello, I've looked a lot before posting, but none of the solutions I've read of seems to solve my issue.

I'm running Plesk 12.5.30 over Debian.
Apache + nginx running on the server.

I manage a wordpress site in my domain (let's call it example.com) and the site runs just fine.
For testing purposes I need to make a second (completely separate - not multisite) installation of a wordpress site that is located in example.com/test and I need both sites to be working at the same time.
The installation located in example.com/test comes from a backup from a different site. I already corrected all the values in the WP database.

The problem is: I can't access the installation located in example.com/test - I always get "too many redirects" error. Strange thing: if I try to login at the address example.com/test/wp-login.php I get the Wordpress login page, but even if I enter the correct login info, I always get just the login page.

I tried all the possible (that I know of) configurations of .htaccess, but I think the problem stands in the Apache-Nginx domain configuration.

I miss some experience in apache-nginx configuration - let's say that I know just the basics - and I'm looking for some help. Is there anyone who can help? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Giacomo

You cannot do it, because rewrite configurations of the site in /a influence the site in /a/b. Instead, create a subdomain as a separate webspace directory and do the second installation into that subdomain.

Thank you Peter, I followed your suggestion.
I should just note (for further use) that I also had to configure properly DNS settings.

Just to understand this matter better, is this because of nginx (I never worked with nginx before)?
I performed the solution above with other services in the past and it worked just fine.

Thank you again, you made my day.

You cannot do it, because rewrite configurations of the site in /a influence the site in /a/b. [...]
Hi Peter,
I am in the same situation as Giacomo, and subdomain is not an option for me (Let's encryp doesnt work in subdomain & Jetpack doesn't connect with https error.. and so one )

Is there no a way? really!, to exclude /b/ from previous rewrite rules ?

Thanks in advance

yes you can, install wordpress in sub domain, than move it to subfolder and you are done.

Back