• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WordPress management in Plesk console after backup and restore

Stephan Griesel

Basic Pleskian
Hi guys!

Hope someone can help me with this. I backed up and restored few WordPress sites from other servers onto my new server running Plesk. What I found is if I don't install WordPress from the console and just do manual backup and restore then I don't have the functionality where I can control my WordPress installation from the Plesk console. Is there something in place that I can still have this functionality? Small hack maybe?

I noticed this. I ended up creating the wp sites in in plesk then restoring over the top.
I dont really 'rely' on the plesk administrative capabilities for wp so it was just a minor pain for me.

Do you have many sites to restore ?

... then I don't have the functionality where I can control my WordPress installation from the Plesk console. Is there something in place that I can still have this functionality?

Click "Scan" in the Wordpress Toolkit and Plesk will seek all Wordpress installations on your server. It will include manual installations in the WP Toolkit management list so that you can manage it from there.

Back