• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress multisite

Keith Binding

New Pleskian
I have setup wordpress multisite, I have also added a second site via dashboard. However when accessing that second website I am getting this error - The requested URL /wp-admin/ was not found on this server.

I have also added the sub domain on the Plesk control panel, but im still getting the same error..

Any suggestions? I realise this may of been asked already, so i do apologise! but everything seems to be with cpanel and not Plesk.

I have setup wordpress multisite, I have also added a second site via dashboard. However when accessing that second website I am getting this error - The requested URL /wp-admin/ was not found on this server.

I have also added the sub domain on the Plesk control panel, but im still getting the same error..

Any suggestions? I realise this may of been asked already, so i do apologise! but everything seems to be with cpanel and not Plesk.
Did you specify the subdomain to use the same folder as the main site? If not, this may be the case. I'm using Multisite on a number of client websites with no issues whatsoever. One clue would be the use of *.domain.tld subdomain, that way, your Multisite installation will be able to use any other subdomain you choose.

Hello Konstantinos,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you i have just noticed this! The sub domain was pointing to a different folder.

Just to throw in another 2 cents - I actually don't bother adding a *.domain.ltd to plesk at all. I just make sure that incoming traffic on the given IP is pointing to the top level domain of the core WordPress site. Then any traffic coming in on a subdomain automatically lands there and WordPress manages the rest. This also then automatically works with any domain mapping plugin, provided the mapped domain is pointed at that IP, again, WoprdPress will pick up the rest for you.

Back