• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WordPress plugin - failing to communicate with my server

lordtopcat

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I'm at a loss with this plugin for a client and it's doing my head in. I'm hoping someone here might be able to enlighten me to what I'm doing wrong (as the plugin support is useless). (Stay with me, this isn't a WordPress support question :p)

My client wants to use this payment gateway: POLi Payments for WooCommerce which, on the face of it seems like a straight forward gateway, something simple to install and set up.

Nope.

I can connect through to their gateway from Woocommerce, begin processing payments and then it fails. Checking in the logs for Poli and it says "Unable to deliver nudge to the merchant". When I spoke to the plugin author, he said it was because my SSL ciphers did not meet the requirements listed here: API Functions | Developer Wiki (at the bottom).

So, I've updated the ciphers and it still fails. He tried to put the blame back on me, said others have installed the plugin no worries and I should talk to my web host. Well, I am my web host!! I use Plesk Obsidian on Ubuntu 18.04. I'm not very technical, (I'm a designer, not a developer) which is why I've chosen Plesk because it does most of the heavy lifting for me :)

I know this seems like a WordPress question, but I actually believe there is something else I need to config on the server to allow this "nudge" to deliver back to me. I am also using Juggernaut Firewall, but I have whitelisted Poli's IP address.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to look at? Getting very frustrated :D

Cheers,
Jamie

Hi Jamie,
I am having the exact same issue! Exactly excactly! I can't even really figure out what a nudge really is actually.

It has been some time since you posted this; did you find an answer?

The only thing that I have found that might be of use is that I created two pages, one "purchase success" and "purchase fail" and I uploaded the URL into the POLi console under Account Details/POLi Link (tab) and also ticked the 'enabled' button underneath.

I am with you at how useless the support is for POLi - I have even re-written their test instructions as they were so badly written, it took me 2 hours of trail and failure to realise they were saying put the same word in both boxes. And I write instructions as part of my professional life!!!

I'm now back into the research phase with my client as POLi obviously isn't the solution I thought it would be.

Kind Regards
Heidi @ Zesty Virtual Assistants

Reactions: mow
Hi Jamie,
I am having the exact same issue! Exactly excactly! I can't even really figure out what a nudge really is actually.

It has been some time since you posted this; did you find an answer?

The only thing that I have found that might be of use is that I created two pages, one "purchase success" and "purchase fail" and I uploaded the URL into the POLi console under Account Details/POLi Link (tab) and also ticked the 'enabled' button underneath.

I am with you at how useless the support is for POLi - I have even re-written their test instructions as they were so badly written, it took me 2 hours of trail and failure to realise they were saying put the same word in both boxes. And I write instructions as part of my professional life!!!

I'm now back into the research phase with my client as POLi obviously isn't the solution I thought it would be.

Kind Regards
Heidi @ Zesty Virtual Assistants
Hi Heidi,

Yes their instructions were terrible and their support wasn't much better.

I did figure out the issue for me - Wordfence! It was blocking communication from POLi's server hence the nudge failed to deliver. So I would check if you have any application firewalls installed that might be stopping it?

OMG!!!!!! YOU AMAZING PERSON!!!!!! THIS WAS THE ANSWER!!!!!!
Wordfence was indeed the thing that was getting in the way!!!!!!!! I will now let POLi know that this was the issue! Two weeks of my life I won't see back trying to figure this out!!!
THANK YOU

Back