• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress plugins_api

roadrash

Basic Pleskian
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to do following:

We love the way Plesk handles WordPress.
However, I also want to have some extra plugins available when installing WP (mainly some security related plugin and a default .htaccess modification for XML-RPC issues.
This will save me a lot of time.

Is there anybody out there who can tell:
1. How can I have Plesk by default install an extra wp-plugin besiedes the current default ones ?
2. How can I have Plesk use my modified .htaccess ?

Hi @roadrash!

Could you please clarify several points:
1. How can I have Plesk by default install an extra wp-plugin besiedes the current default ones ?
Do you want to have some wp-plugins installed by default when user installs a new WordPress instance?

2. How can I have Plesk use my modified .htaccess ?
Do you want to put some .htaccess by default when user installs a new WordPress instance? Or you just have .htaccess file and you want to use it on some already installed WordPress instance?

Hi vlikhtanskly, thanks for your response.

1. Yes, I want to have some wp-plugins installed by default when user installs a new WordPress instance.

2. Yes, a default .htaccess would be nice.

Hi roadrash,

To clarify #1: would you like to install plugins from WordPress.org repository (stuff that's available to everyone), or you want to pre-install some custom plugins not available in WordPress.org repository?

Hello custer,

Primarily we only use plugins from the WP repo. However, we also buy many from e.g. ThemeForest or other sellers. So it must be possible to pre-install custom plugins.

Back