• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Wordpress relates wrong domain

carlsson

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.06
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 Update #2
Short Story:
I have DomainA and DomainB on my Plesk server.
If I change anything in DomainA it also do stuff in DomainB. Eg, I just added a user to DomainB, that very same user showed up in DomainA.
I started to delete stuff in DomainA, everything effed up in DomainB.

Long Story:
I moved DomainB to my server a while ago (wth of Duplicator). To test the site and see if every plug worked as it should, I installed the site on DomainA, and changed the relevant data in the configuration files.
The test worked as it should, so we pointed the domain to my Plesk installation, and moved the files to the correct Domain. However, this time I didn't use Duplicator but I moved them manually (I know, don't ask ).
Now I want to wipe the WP installation on DomainA, but doing so affects DomainB as well.
Something in Plesk ties these two domains together, but I don't know what. Databases felt most likely, but there are no databases in DomainA.
If I go to www.DomainA.se I end up at www.DomainB.se.
On DomainB I have used Better Search Replace to replace every instance of DomainB to DomainA.

At the moment I dare not to touch anything. These two sites seems to live by themselves…
Please help!

[Edit time limit on 4 minutes is kinda tight]
"On DomainB I have used Better Search Replace to replace every instance of DomainB to DomainA." Should of course be
On DomainB I have used Better Search Replace to replace every instance of DomainA to DomainB.

Something in Plesk ties these two domains together, but I don't know what. Databases felt most likely, but there are no databases in DomainA.
Please compare the database configuration entries in your wp-config.php files of the two domains. They likely use the same database.

You are of course correct sir!

I wonder why Plesk can't see that?
1710004648818.png

However, I'll create a new one.

Thanks Peter!

Done and done.
What I really want to do is to wipe the entire installation of DomainA, and install a new WP installation. What is the most safe and easiest way to do that.

Update
After installing a new database, Wordpress understood this was a new installation and behaved accordingly. I wonder though if that is the correct way to do it? It doesn't feel right. :-|

When you use the "Wordpress" menu and click "Install" to install a fresh Wordpress, the WP toolkit creates a new database for you. But you can also take the route you took, it works, too.

Back