• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Wordpress say sql server is too old

Carloz

Basic Pleskian
Hello, the new "site health" feature implemented in the last wordpress 5.2.1 version says that my wordpress websites are all using a too old version of mysql server (they are currently using the version 5.1.73-community).

Is there a method to let my hosted wordpress website use a newer sql server version?

If i go in the section plesk updates --> add-remove components, i see that there is the ball on "mysql 5.1 server". I imagine i have to put the ball on "mysql 5.7 server", but I'm afraid that, by doing it, all the hosted wordpress sites will stop working (or that I could make a possible disaster).

My plesk version is:

Plesk Onyx
Versione 17.8.11 Aggiorna #55, ultimo aggiornamento il 8/Giu/2019 23.18

I would also like to point out that, after the last php update (7.2.19) many wordpress sites had downtime-error 500 problems. I had to switch on php 7.1.30 or 7.3.6 because 500 random errors continuously appeared.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Igor! Tnx for your reply.

Is it a safe operation or a disaster could happen? (also considering that i am using 5.1 and not 5.6). Is there a way to go back if something goes wrong? (we are talking about dozens of wordpress websites...) What happen if i continue to use the 5.1.73 mysql version? Can i do it? (wordpress websites are working well...).

Have I to first manually update existing mysql databases/do any preparatory work on them before the upgrade? Or the operation that you suggest will automatically update all existing wordpress mysql databases?

They are all free databases (on plesk they are not assigned directly to their wordpress website, only created with dbname, user and pass, then used during the setup phase for every wordpress website).

Tnx again.

Life is complicated and **** happens sometimes. No one can give you guarantees that everything will be perfect. If you are afraid, stay on what works now. If it's important for you to use the latest version, take a chance.

Life is complicated and **** happens sometimes. No one can give you guarantees that everything will be perfect. If you are afraid, stay on what works now. If it's important for you to use the latest version, take a chance.

Lol. I agree. I absolutely don't care about the latest mysql version... but i usually keep wordpress websites updated. I hope they will always support 5.1 mysql version...

Back