• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved WordPress Toolkit: Broken Website

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
This morning I received from Plesk this error message by email:

Impossible to update these elements:
Website "/httpdocs" (<domain>): Failed to reset cache for the instance #1: Error establishing a database connection.

Now I've all the WordPress installations "broken"
2020-02-06_08-13-06.png

How can I fix it?
Thanks.

Hello,

The following error: "Error establishing a database connection." means that WordPress is unable to communicate with database using the credentials from wp-config.php file.

There are two options:
1. Credentials are wrong
2. Database server is unavailable

As all the WP sites are broken in the same way, it looks like database server was unavailable at the moment when the maintenance task was running.

Does the problem still persist?
Does the WP site became "alive" after clicking on "Refresh" button?
Is the DB server up and running?

Luckily all the Wordpress websites works good, the db server is up and running and the wp-config file isn't changed and the credentials are the same.
So, the problem is only with WordPress toolkit control panel... I've tried clicking the "refresh" button but the issue is still there: "Broken website".

The only update on the cloud server in these days (yesterday morning) has been the Mod_Isapi 1.1-48 and "LSPHP7.4" handler of CloudLinux but the "Broken website" is arrived only tonight after the usual automatic update of Plesk:

It looks like the source of the problem.
Am I correct that all the listed domains are using updated "LSPHP7.4" handler?
If it is possible, could you please select other PHP handler and check if WP site became alive after "refresh"?

Yes, you're right... I confirm you that if I switch from "LSPHP7.4 alt-php FastCGI application" (or also from "LSPHP7.3...") to the "7.4.2 FPM application" handler, WordPress Toolkit return to works good, but... I need to use "LSPHP7.x" handler, how can I do to fix this issue?
2020-02-06_09-57-31.png

Do I need to open a ticket with the CloudLinux's technical support or is this a "WordPress Toolkit" extension issue?

Please wait for a few minutes. I'm checking from our side.
Most probably this is an incompatibility issue between WP CLI and LSPHP7.4.
I'm going to ask you to issue one command via CLI and provide the responce in order we may investigate the issue faster.
I'm preparing a command at the moment.

Please connect to server via SSH, collect and send us all the response of the following command:
# plesk ext wp-toolkit --clear-cache -instance-id <id>
You need to put instead of <id> id of any WP site which is registered in WP Toolkit which is using "LSPHP7.4" handler .
e,g, plesk ext wp-toolkit --clear-cache -instance-id 1

You may see all the registered WP sites using:
# plesk ext wp-toolkit --list

Please connect to server via SSH, collect and send us all the response of the following command:
# plesk ext wp-toolkit --clear-cache -instance-id <id>
You need to put instead of <id> id of any WP site which is registered in WP Toolkit which is using "LSPHP7.4" handler .
e,g, plesk ext wp-toolkit --clear-cache -instance-id 1

You may see all the registered WP sites using:
# plesk ext wp-toolkit --list

I sent you the details in the "private conversation" of this forum.

Got It!
Thank you for this information and your investigation.
I've created a bug with id EXTWPTOOLK-4371
We'll investigate this issue and provide a fix in one of the nearest releases.

At the moment I'm afraid that the only way to make WP sites "alive" is to change PHP handler.

Hello @zanuda ... do you have an approximate "timeline" about the patch (days/weeks/months)?
I can't change the PHP handler.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Could someone from Plesk Team tell me how the work proceeds for the bug with id EXTWPTOOLK-4371?
Just to understand if it is considered for you an urgent problem to be fixed or not.
Thanks.

Yes, the status of this bugreport is "Critical" and developers are working on it. Please be patient.

Is there any chance to have this bug fixed before the end of this week?
I know that maybe I'm the only one that use LSPHP handler (cursed that day that I decided to migrate from Debian to CloudLinux) but it's really important for my business to have WordPress Toolkit works.
Any update on work in progress is appreciated.
Thanks!

Sorry, but I don’t think this problem will be fixed until the end of the week.

Today is 12 days since the problem was reported, it seems a little too many for a "critical" level... is there any news or should I consider CloudLinux no longer supported by Plesk? ... Just to see if I need to plan a possible transfer of Plesk Obsidian from CloudLinux to another OS, thanks.

The fix is planned for WPT 4.6.0 version.
And yes, CloudLinux is supported but not a priority.

The fix is planned for WPT 4.6.0 version.
And yes, CloudLinux is supported but not a priority.

... and when will be available "WPT 4.6.0 version"?

(OT) Just to avoid future problems, what are the "priority" operating systems recommended by Plesk?

Ubuntu, CentOS.

I'm not very practical on the subject but I'd like to ask you if you think it's complicated to switch from CloudLinux7.7 to CentOS7... just to understand whether to make this request to my hosting provider right now or wait for CentOS8 with an installation from scratch. Thanks.

Back