• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WordPress Toolkit issues after upgrade to 12.5.30

webbing

Basic Pleskian
The "Check Security" procedure displays that all the WordPress instances are not secured (marked with a red exclamation sign) even if they were all secured before. After you click a "not secured" installation, the system displays that actually everything OK and marks that specific installation as "secured" (green checkmark).

However, after another security check, the installations are displayed again as not secured.

More, when you upgrade a plugin by marking the checkbox near it and pressing the UPGRADE button, the system performs the update but comes up with the attached error. The error message has the following format
  • Installation "NAME": The specified plugin ID 'plugin_id' is invalid. Please enter a correct one.
However, the plugin mentioned in the error message is not installed in any of the mentioned WP installations. So practically if you have 28 WP websites and the plugin is installed in only 2 websites, you will receive 26 error messages.

I am able to replicate this in 3 different Plesk instances (3 different servers), which were all updated from 12.0.18 to 12.5.30

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 19
@Everyone,

Issue is still present after micro-update 11 on Plesk 12.5.30.

The issue is occurring, for both upgraded Plesk instances (12.0.18 to 12.5.30) AND fresh/clean installs of Plesk 12.5.30.

The root cause of the problem is very likely to be a wrong entry in the central (Plesk) database OR a (factual) bug in the code of WordPress Toolkit (WPT).

The psa database does not seem to be wrong (not at all), it should hence be a (factual) bug in the code.

However, no error is really present, in the sense that the updated plugins are installed correctly (i.e. the error notifications are annoying, but nothing else).

It seems to be the case that it has something to do with cache, as can be already deduced from the psa.WordpressInstanceProperties table.

This issue with "cache" has already been mentioned to Odin Team, in a different context though.

In my humble opinion, one can opt for the following "work-arounds":

a) clear cache per WordPress instance, with the command "wp-instance --clear-cache <instance id>" (i.e. a tedious work-around)

b) ignore the error notifications (i.e. just click them away)

c) wait until a micro-update follows

d) alter values (manually) in the psa database

In short, the easiest method: just ignore the error notifications.

Regards.....

I'm experiencing this same problem, so I assume it still hasn't been fixed by any of the micro-updates.

@spaceout

It is not really a problem, you can ignore the error notifications rendered by WPT.

If I am not mistaken, Plesk Team is working on the WPT, but I am not sure whether this issue is on the list of patches to be released.

Regards

Guys, do you still experience the first issue (the "Check Security" one)?
"Permissions for files and directories (?)not secure on" is still red for some of the wp instances.
Plesk is 12.5 after update 25.

"Permissions for files and directories (?)not secure on" is still red for some of the wp instances.
Plesk is 12.5 after update 25.

OK, can you open a support ticket and PM me the ID? We cannot reproduce the issue on our internal servers and it would be great if we could take a look at the affected server.

The issue is reported to Plesk Team and they will release update in one of the next Plesk updates. The IDs of the issue is PPPM-4247 and PPPM-4249

Hi everyone,

As @bulent said, we've identified and fixed the issue with WPT not being able to secure file & folder permissions in some cases. The fix will be released in Plesk 12.5 MU#26, specific ID to watch out for is PPPM-4077.

We're still looking into plugin update error issue.

I've updated to the last MU#26 but the problem is still there:
Permissions for files and directories (?)not secure on

Michele, have you tried to secure it after the MU installation? I'm asking you this because the security item itself won't be automatically secured after installing the MU - we've simply fixed the underlining issue that prevented this security item from being applied.

yes, I've tried to secure the folder permissions after MU installation but the alert remain "red" (644 for files, 755 for directories).

This is common and is normally related to a Paid plugin or a plugin that requires a different plugin to do its updates. I have also seen standard plugins that are connected to an external service cause the same error. You can safely ignore the error as it does not actually cause WordPress to fail in any way. (so far)

I have found the best way to fix issue is to login directly to the WordPress instance, do any of the updates required from there and then once complete do a check for updates from WordPress Toolset.

Hope this helps.

With some WordPress installation the issue is fixed with others not... I think that Jamin's post is correct but if Parallels offer me a tool to manage Wordpress, this tool should be perfect (I don't want to be a payment beta tester).

Hi Michele,

Can you create a support ticket and PM its ID to me so we could take a look at the affected WP instances?

Back